Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As many of you know I'm a freelance producer and last night my videos were being shown at the McGraw Prize Award dinner to honor three innovators in education. I produce the 5-minute video profiles of the winners seen before they receive their awards. It was a wonderful night that was very inspiring. This is my 16th year doing it (started when I was in diapers :innocent:) and everyone loved the videos and especially my tribute video to Harold W. McGraw jr., who the Prize was named for 23 years ago, and died this year. And something really exciting - take a look at the McGraw-Hill Home Page. My videos from last night (and other years before) are on there.:chili: Sometimes I really love my work.
Here's the link:
The McGraw-Hill Companies
If you want to take a look at one, the Christopher Cerf one was my favorite-he's very funny and worked on Sesame Street, etc. His dad was Random House's Bennett Cerf.
The event was black tie so DH and I got to dress up.:blush: Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Beauty,brains, AND you love your meaningful work! Life doesn't get better than that! Congratulations!:aktion033:

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Wow.... Sue.... you look amazing!!! I loooove the dress. (Your husband
looks very nice, too...lol.) I'm so glad you had a great time. Congratulations on your wonderful achievement, too. Thanks for posting the pictures!!!

Debbie

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
You looked mahvelous! Congrats! Oh, how I love those Lions! Christopher sounds just like his dad, Bennett.

·
Registered
5,433 Posts
Wow! you look stunning in that dress. You must be feeling so proud and appreciated right now :biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Well now I see were Tyler got his good looks from.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
The video was excellent, I too love the lions. You both
look fantastic. I love the dress.:wub:

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
(((((Sue))))) wow your a beauty, inside and out:yes::two thumbs up: love your dress the color is stunning. You have a very handsome hubby. Congrats.:aktion033:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
You are stunning! You look like an actress - I can’t think of her name - darn! The red head - oh darn, darn, darn!

I hate getting old - the "memory thing" is disconcerting.

Regardless of my feeble state - you look lovely.

Allie

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Beauty,brains, AND you love your meaningful work! Life doesn't get better than that! Congratulations!:aktion033:
I have to pinch myself sometimes. OUCH!:w00t: Wrong time. I'm actually really dragging today. Probably a big adrenalin rush last night and it's all gone today. Back to the edit room tomorrow.
Wow.... Sue.... you look amazing!!! I loooove the dress. (Your husband
looks very nice, too...lol.) I'm so glad you had a great time. Congratulations on your wonderful achievement, too. Thanks for posting the pictures!!!

Debbie
Debbie - Thanks so much. I thought being in education you'd especially get a kick out of it all. One of the most inspirational people I interviewed was Geoffrey Canada of Harlem Children's Zone. He won several years ago and he's been all over the news these days since he's in "Waiting for Superman." He's phenomenal.
You looked mahvelous! Congrats! Oh, how I love those Lions! Christopher sounds just like his dad, Bennett.
Thanks Brit. It's not how you feel, it's how you look..is that what Billy Crystal's Fernando used to say?:HistericalSmiley: The lions and their terrific puppeteers were so much fun. Really could ad lib. Nothing was scripted. It felt like the lions were real. I felt so silly falling for a lion. I have to see if I have a production picture.:)
how nice, congrats Sue!!:chili: i love that dress, its sooo beautiful!!
I was almost going to wear another outfit from White House/Black market but then saw this dress in Loehmanns. Here's the great part. Nicole Miller MSRP $780. Loehmann's - $179 with membership dropped to $159. Priceless!
Wow!! You are a handsome couple!! That dress is perfect on you!! The color with your hair is a major WOW!
Thanks so much Sher. I look really good in earth tones and coppers with my hair but not always easy to find. The dress had a little train on it and DH kept stopping me in my tracks, literally. I couldn't move.:smhelp:
Wow! you look stunning in that dress. You must be feeling so proud and appreciated right now :biggrin: :thumbsup:
It is so nice to feel appreciated in this work world. I had another client who thought my bid was too high for a project and made me feel really scuzzy about it as if I was ripping them off. Meanwhile the project took so many months and now they see how much I worked. McGraw Hill has always been terrific to me and I love them as a client. Smart, wonderful people:)
Well now I see were Tyler got his good looks from.:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
The video was excellent, I too love the lions. You both
look fantastic. I love the dress.:wub:
LMAO:smrofl::smrofl: - Mary - too funny!! Now if I didn't get my hair dyed, you'd really see where Tyler got his looks from because I'd probably be as white as he is.:eek2_gelb2::LOL: I am really a redhead and that color is what I've had all my life but it takes a good colorist to get me there.
Congrats, Sue! You must be proud. You guys make a great looking couple!
Thanks so much Sophia. Yup, I'll keep hubby. He a real sweetheart, 4 years younger than me and keeps in shape by training for the marathon so I have to hold my breath in a lot.:HistericalSmiley:
(((((Sue))))) wow your a beauty, inside and out:yes::two thumbs up: love your dress the color is stunning. You have a very handsome hubby. Congrats.:aktion033:
Oh Paula -- thank you so much. That's so sweet. I did feel kind of good last night when I was talking to the person next to me and said I'm 58. She said she couldn't believe it. So I gave her a $20 and thanked her.:HistericalSmiley:
You are stunning! You look like an actress - I can’t think of her name - darn! The red head - oh darn, darn, darn!

I hate getting old - the "memory thing" is disconcerting.

Regardless of my feeble state - you look lovely.

Allie
Allie - I'm there with you with the memory thing. I'm lucky I remember where I was last night. Sometimes people say I look like Julianne Moore. I think it's just the hair color.

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
First.. you look gorgeous!! ..radiant! ( your hubby's pretty 'easy on the eyes' too :thumbsup: )
You must feel a great sense of pride... and deservedly so! ..loved the clip!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Susan!

Yes! That's who I was thinking of - Julianne Moore - it's not just the hair, the structure of your face is what caught my eye. You are stunning and that's all there is to it!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
First.. you look gorgeous!! ..radiant! ( your hubby's pretty 'easy on the eyes' too :thumbsup: )
You must feel a great sense of pride... and deservedly so! ..loved the clip!
Terri - Thanks so much. I think the radiance may have come from finally finishing a project that i've worked on since June, 6 days a week, until about midnight each day. Maybe relief and giddiness, more than anything. :smheat: My husband and I have been together for 28 years and he always kids me about my getting out the tight fitting jeans and contact lenses when i met him to lure him. Darned if he isn't right :HistericalSmiley: He was such a hottie!!
Susan!

Yes! That's who I was thinking of - Julianne Moore - it's not just the hair, the structure of your face is what caught my eye. You are stunning and that's all there is to it!
From your mouth to a plastic surgeon's ears. I don't see it but I wish I had it. I do get told I look like a Kennedy sometimes -- mainly Caroline, sometimes Maria Shriver. Think that's the structure. Funny thing with Caroline - when I gave birth to my son in an NYC hospital, there were guards on the floor. I thought, "Wow. This is great security. No one's kidnapping my baby out of the nursery." The next day I found out that Caroline Kennedy was in the next room and had given birth. She left...you could have walked into the nursery and picked up all the babies.:angry:No guards, nada!

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Here are a couple of production shots with Theo and Cleo, my favorite lions.

Theo's puppeteer, Peter, reminded me of Peter Horton the actor in "30 Something" years ago. What a sweetie he is and is supposed to be working the new Muppet Movie. Looking in the lion's eyes feels so real.

Boy did the kids from the Harlem Children's Zone Promise Academy love this puppet show! We had each of them pose with the lions and McGraw Hill sent them photos once printed.

Jen (lower left) works Cleo and she's an actress as well as a puppeteer. Was in Law & Order SVU tonight playing a cop from Chicago. She was next to me at last night's dinner.

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Sue, you are beautiful and your husband is such a handsome man!!! And wow, you do such amazing work....how blessed you are to have such an incredible job! :)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts