Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Membership Suspended
2,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since everyone here strives to keep their fluff the whitest of whites, and coiffed to perfection check out TLC's Extreme Poodles tonight at 9e/8c for some really outrageous looks.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
OMG... I just googled extreme poodles and saw a preview clip : Extreme Poodles - TLC Tonight

That's just Crazy!!!! AHAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAA!!!! Check out the hair of some of the mommies (the ponytail, the bangs) ... and the mommy asking her poodle "you wanna ..." and the poodle tilting his/her head this way and that over and over again totally cracked me up! Should be a fun watch!!! :D

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
OMG! That poodle tilting his head over and over was so cute! I'll be watching tonight. THanks for the heads up!
(I don't think a little chalk spray is abuse..lol)

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
woah those styles are crazyyy!! especially the buffalo one. And the poodle tilting his head is soooo cute!!

kind of reminds me of this set of pictures that I saw on MSN earlier this week:

Apparently people started dying their dogs in China. I think it's alright for competitions, but everyday is a little bit over.

·
Premium Member
5,785 Posts
That poodle tilting it's head was too cute! I don't think the blow pens or chalk is abuse - I'm not too keen on the use of manic panic on them though. I think my Sophie would actually be thrilled if I did something like that to her. She loves anything that makes her look pretty - she's such a girly girl! :)

Linda

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I can't wait to watch! I think it's amazing what these groomers are able to do. I can guarantee you that the poodles don't care that their hair is cut and dyed a certain way. I wouldn't ever dye or do something extreme my dogs as I like them the way their breed standard describes, but I think it's really neat for competitions and events.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Wild! I think I saw some of them previewed on The Today Show this week. Now I ask you -- they say poodles are so smart. If they're so smart what are they doing putting up with the makeovers?:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Methinks Malts rule:)

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
Like Sarah said, it's really popular here in China. It's a little much for me, I mean I would never do that to Bisou..but as long as it's not hurting the dog, whatever floats their boat, type of thing. The panda bears always make me laugh.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Oh, I was out for dinner and missed the show. :(
Coco says: "Dats a good fing, dat you missed the show!!!"
But it would have given me more creative inspiration! :whistle:

So, I will have to catch it if they repeat it!
Please post if anyone knows if it will be on again!

·
Premium Member
2,210 Posts
I thought the show was very entertaining. The groomers were very creative and talented. I absolutely loved Jett! You could tell...he really enjoyed every minute. He and his mommy made a great team!

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I thought the jungle dog (lion?) was great! The one with the green stripes (garden?) was interesting too.
I also liked the little one. Haha. He was too cute.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Wild! I think I saw some of them previewed on The Today Show this week. Now I ask you -- they say poodles are so smart. If they're so smart what are they doing putting up with the makeovers?:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: Methinks Malts rule:)
:HistericalSmiley:lol...maybe they Are smart because they think their Moms must be a little looney and don't want to send them any farther over the edge by being disagreeable ;) :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I thought the show was great and I liked that they showed how concerned for the dogs the judges and contestants were. When one dog was tired they asked her to take the dog outside, the dog was given water and some food was found for the dog and you saw the jdges say they dog as fine but they would be keeping an eye on him. To me, that was great to see! I have always wanted to give Hunter a little blue tipped mowhawk - maybe someday.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts