Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, this isnt about Kylee, thank goodness..but one of the members of my rescue group is having a problem with their maltese and they sent an email around asking if anyone had the same problem or any advice. well obviously i immediatly thought about spoiledmaltese because at least one person knows something about everything possible with a maltese!! So anyway here is the problem (I willl just copy and paste): We're having a problem with our Maltese, Bonnie, and need information. Her eyes have started to lose the pigment around them, are reddened, and have little bumps. Dr Murphy has diagnosed allergies and prescribed steroid salve which has helped only a little. Has anyone had this problem and how have they solved it? So hopefully you guys have some advice...it will be my first contribution to the rescue group! Oh..when I received the email I was wondering if I should just direct them here...do you think it would be a good idea to let MetroMalts know about SpoiledMaltese?? Thanks guys, Lori

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi there,
Teddy once got a copule of bumps on his lower eye lid. It was proposed it too was irritation due to allergies. I also came to spoiled maltese and got some great feedback!

Let me tell you what I did. First of all, I made sure the hair around his eyes was clipped VERY short. Then, we used eye wipes that you can clean out the corner of their eyes without hurting them. After that, we used an eye wash (it had boric acid in it I think) and I used the eye rinse on him a few xs a day for about a week. The bumps went away and we haven't had any problems since.
PS the bumps seemed to lose pigmentation also, like Bonnie, on the eye lids. It was like his eye lid was black but the pigment around the bumps were pink/flesh colored.

Hope that helps!!!

Jackie & Teddy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts