Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After finally feeling better, Miko is now having 2 other minor problems. I would realy appreciate any and all advice.

1) He is having more eye discharge, sort of "eye boogers" type of thing and he has some pinkness at the corner of his eyes (on the skin). Plus he is rubbing his eyes a lot. I just don't know if its eye infection vs maybe ingrown hair on eyelid (which was suggested by vet intern to us). Is there a way to tell

2) He is peeing and drinking a LOT. I just recently gave him a bully stick. Could the increased thirst be caused by the bully stick? Or is he just bored in his playpen and since the water is there he just drinks it all the time?

I guess I probably need to take him to a vet but I just hate traumatizing him.

Thanks!!

· Registered
2,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Okay, we took Miko to a vet and she does think he probably has a UTI. I am so proud of my diagnosis. She thinks its from him holding in his pee for 36 hrs at a time for a week straight. So now he has to take antibiotics for a while but she did culture his urine and do a urinalysis. His eyes are okay though!! Yeah!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.