Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried washing just Izzy's face with shampoo and the Sally Beauty Squeeze bottle. I wrapped her in a towel and gently put the shampoo on. She tried lapping the shampoo off around her mouth which worries me. Ever since I washed her face she's been sneezing and hacking and gagging. It sounds like she's going to vomit but nothing happens and she goes right back to sleep on my chest.

Is she being dramatic? Did I get soap in her nose? What went wrong?

On a side note: Her face looks very good when she looks up at me and glowers.

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
When kodie does that after a bath.. its because of either all the water he licked up.. or water went through his nose.
I try to be extra careful when rinsing his face now to not let as much water run in his nose or mouth

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Originally posted by Kodie@Feb 28 2005, 09:13 AM
When kodie does that after a bath.. its because of either all the water he licked up.. or water went through his nose.
I try to be extra careful when rinsing his face now to not let as much water run in his nose or mouth
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38392
[/QUOTE]
Same here...I think Peanut likes to drink in the shower

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by littlepeanut+Feb 28 2005, 08:50 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Feb 28 2005, 09:13 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38407
[/B][/QUOTE]
Same with Caesar. He likes to drink the warm water I think.

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
Same with Alex, I have to shout at him that he does not lick too much water in the shower especially that it is mixed with shampoo. He even threw up at one time. And worried mommy took him to the vet. Who looked at him and of course said he is alright.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
One time, our puppy lapped up some shampoo from her face. When she was all dried, and back in her pen, she headed for her water dish. When she was done drinking, she had a foamy mouth! She looked like a doggie from a horror movie! Needless to say, we rinsed her face well and gave her a lot of squirts of water from a sports bottle. She was no worse for the wear.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 28 2005, 05:22 PM
One time, our puppy lapped up some shampoo from her face.  When she was all dried, and back in her pen, she headed for her water dish.  When she was done drinking, she had a foamy mouth!  She looked like a doggie from a horror movie!  Needless to say, we rinsed her face well and gave her a lot of squirts of water from a sports bottle.  She was no worse for the wear.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38641
[/QUOTE]
Ahhh, thats kind of funny!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Caesar's Mommie+Feb 28 2005, 06:00 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 28 2005, 08:50 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-Kodie
@Feb 28 2005, 09:13 AM

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38407

[/QUOTE]
Same with Caesar. He likes to drink the warm water I think.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38633
[/B][/QUOTE]

Brink does too! Add him to the
list!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
One time, our puppy lapped up some shampoo from her face. When she was all dried, and back in her pen, she headed for her water dish. When she was done drinking, she had a foamy mouth! She looked like a doggie from a horror movie! Needless to say, we rinsed her face well and gave her a lot of squirts of water from a sports bottle. She was no worse for the wear.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 28 2005, 08:13 PM
One time, our puppy lapped up some shampoo from her face.  When she was all dried, and back in her pen, she headed for her water dish.  When she was done drinking, she had a foamy mouth!  She looked like a doggie from a horror movie!  Needless to say, we rinsed her face well and gave her a lot of squirts of water from a sports bottle.  She was no worse for the wear.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38672
[/QUOTE]

That was funny,

chelsey does it too. I thought it was just her. I keep telling her no but she still tries to drink it.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Feb 28 2005, 05:22 PM
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=38641
[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
499 Posts
I never had much luck using a rinse bottle. I wash my dogs in the kitchen sink cause it has the spray attachment. (I clean out the sink with Clorox after!). What I do is grasp the dog firmly by the chin, I kind of hold on to the mustache and use that to tilt and turn the headwhile I use the sprayer to rinse the face. Holding
them tight like that gives me full control and I can even get really close to the eyes. Even Jonas, the wild little baby dog, learned to hold still after a couple of baths.
Quincymom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts