Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I may need your help. I have 37 pending friend requests and I don't recognize people's names.

Don't want to be rude and "ignore" you. So if you have sent me a request and I haven't responded....please let me know who you are. Every time I add a few more....twice as many pop up soon after! :w00t:

It's a never ending cycle. It would be good to know who are your friends, and I must say I have quite a few that I don't know, some don't even speak english, but they have maltese. :unsure: :blush:. Just trying to do this the right way. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
LOL, I have a ridiculous number of friends I don't know.:embarrassed: And yes it seems to be a never ending cycle.

I will say, some of them I have accepted and been thrilled to "get to know." Others have annoyed me and I have de-friended them (gross posts). But for the most part, I accept and then enjoy looking at their pictures.

I do have my lists in categories to help me manage them.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Isn't it hilarious that we know each other by our malt's names? :HistericalSmiley:To think - there are real people behind the precious pups! :biggrin: I have to try so hard to match the human with the malt!

·
Premium Member
6,772 Posts
LOL, I have a ridiculous number of friends I don't know.:embarrassed: And yes it seems to be a never ending cycle.

I will say, some of them I have accepted and been thrilled to "get to know." Others have annoyed me and I have de-friended them (gross posts). But for the most part, I accept and then enjoy looking at their pictures.

I do have my lists in categories to help me manage them.

Carina - I made lists to help me keep track of how I know people and in my case what year they were students of mine. It helps.. I love looking at many of the beautiful show malts from all over the world - but i usually get to see their pictures from other friends websites.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
LMFAO ~ :HistericalSmiley:

If I don't know who they are, I've been known to ask, "Who Are You?"

One gal responded with, "Oooops, wrong person. Sorry, but I don't like dogs" :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts

One gal responded with, "Oooops, wrong person. Sorry, but I don't like dogs" :HistericalSmiley:
:rofl: I sometimes wonder if some just randomly send these invites lol

·
Premium Member
3,646 Posts
Yep, I have been getting requests from all over the world:huh: i ignore most of them. I also think it is a little scary.

·
Registered
10,048 Posts
I only have people who are my friends . I don't like people I don't know well to have access to my page. I will never accept people I don't know or an acquaintance I am not comfortable with. Some people have 300 400 and up friends, I don't even know that many people in my life. :p

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
LMFAO ~ :HistericalSmiley:

Don't like dogs :w00t:, boy was she correct "oooops wrong person"....:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
Isn't it hilarious that we know each other by our malt's names? :HistericalSmiley:To think - there are real people behind the precious pups! :biggrin: I have to try so hard to match the human with the malt!
I try hard to do the same thing and I have found that my Friend Request is accepted if I tell the person who I am (usually I say Hi! Its Erin and Hunter from SM).

I have ignored a lot of requests when I can't place the person or the malt. So, if I ignored you (I'm sorry) just let me know who you are.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Pat, what I do sometimes is confirm the request, then check out their page. If you look in the photos, you can see their Malt. That can help you recognize SM people.

If they have 1,000 friends, they are just friend collectors and I remove them immediately.

I do go through and cull my friends periodically, too.

·
Registered
568 Posts
I am also guilty of not adding when requested. :innocent: To be completely honest my non malt friends have been bugging me to get on facebook for the longest time but I never really saw the need when I talk to them already. lol. I did however finally get on only a few months ago b/c I wanted access to Shinemore's fb page. :blush: I only "confirm" and add friends on if they truly are my friends. If I get a request from someone from this forum and I am not familiar with the name I ask another friend who will tell me who it is then I decide if I want to add or not. I don't have over 200+ since I like to think my info/albums are personal seeing that I have my children on it. :) Whom I do accept I like to get to know even better and allow access to all my info. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I'll accept people if I see that we share a number of similar friends. When requesting I also try to (but sometimes forget) to indicate who I am and where I knwo you from. I also have my friends categorized and enjoy seeing all the pics from all over the world. You can also customize facebook so that not everyone sees everything i.e., if you want one person to just see your wall posts and nothing else (no pics, no info) you can go into your settings select that person (or group) and indicate whether or not they can view certain items.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Pat, what I do sometimes is confirm the request, then check out their page. If you look in the photos, you can see their Malt. That can help you recognize SM people.

If they have 1,000 friends, they are just friend collectors and I remove them immediately.

I do go through and cull my friends periodically, too.
Marj -- I do the same thing now. I think I recently removed about 300 people that I didn't know. I've also had a lot of SMers that are on FB contact me and ask who "John Smith" is (for example) because they see that he/she is a friend of mine but don't know who they are. I usually am able to tell them who they are from SM. (I've been lucky because I've run the Secret Santa for the last few years and have the questionnaires with everyone's REAL names. LOL).

Dixie's Mom (Elaine) recently asked me who someone was and I realized that I had no idea and that's when I started culling people like crazy. I had one person that spoke Hungrarian (or something), which I don't speak. She would send me a personal message EVERY DAY. I'm sure that she thought I was extremely rude because I never answered her. LOL

Now if I ask someone to be my friend (and they're from SM), I put that I'm Lacie's Mom on SM in the comments so that they, hopefully recognize who I am.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
I should really go through and delete some of my "friends". I also have mass quantities of random Maltese owners from all over the world as my friends. I don't really mind though, because I never post anything personal on my page. Usually its all about the games. Who got what present, or game prize, or a new barn, or whatever...:brownbag:

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I havea few friends that post in a foreign language ! Its so foreign I don't even know what language it is ! ha! I figure if they have a Maltese they can't be bad.....

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
I feel your pain.
Only sometimes there are just random grown ups(no malts) from other countries, AND we have no mutual friends. HOW DO THEY FIND ME??? I don't know.

FB also thinks that since my school is in Fairfax County, that I know every other teenager that goes to a school in my county sooo I get a lot of "people you may know" friend request. But I do add everybody that's in my school's network because chances are I know them or they know me. And yes, my school is a high/middle school, I'm very involved within it too, so I pretty much know everybody there. LOL That's where my 1000+ friends come from.

I used to just accept everybody on FB, but now I have almost 1200 friends, and I know personally 2/3 of them, the other 1/3 are dog people. I need to go through and delete some eventually(no sm people) But its a lot better than my good old myspace days though, I think I had 1800 friends then?! LOL

I also don't friend request people, only people I know personally. Everybody else just adds me. So don't take it personal if we're not friend's on FB! I don't have my profile on private either so anybody can see anything basically, and my pics with miss Gigi. LOL

I also don't do games or gifts or anthing else. I just chat. I'm mainly on FB to talk to the same people that I talk to at school for 8+ hours when I'm at home. LOL

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
I should really go through and delete some of my "friends". I also have mass quantities of random Maltese owners from all over the world as my friends. I don't really mind though, because I never post anything personal on my page. Usually its all about the games. Who got what present, or game prize, or a new barn, or whatever...:brownbag:

LOL, me too, me too!!! I'm sortof a farmville addict in recovery - haven't had much time to harvest my crops and plant new seeds lately. I do however update my status every now and then.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts