Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get some good (but not too expensive) facial sunscreen. Could someone recommend one? I want something that is not going to cause me to breakout. I don't want to spend more than $20 on it.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Are you looking for one to wear under makeup or possibly a makeup with sunscreen? Oil of Olay has a great line with sun protection that isn't too expensive. Personally I use their Regenerist products and I love them. As far as makeup with sun screen, I use bare escentuals which has an spf 15. It's mineral (powder), so if you don't like that, Clinique makes a very nice, sheer coverage makeup with an spf. I don't recall which one, but I am sure you can check your local dept. store or Sephora.com. Clinique should have some pretty good gift with purchase promos coming up for the spring/mother's day. If you are looking for sun screen to wear while no make up, then I really like the one for faces by Nivea.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm looking for one to wear under makeup or even without makeup. It is going to start getting nicer out soon and I will be spending more time outside with Lexi.

Oh, I also have to make sure the sunscreen is paba-free. I have a horrible reaction to sunscreens with paba if I put it on my face. My face starts to feel like its on fire and my eyes start to burn. It only took 2 such reactions to figure it out. Both times I ended up in the first aid section at the pool. I had to hold a hose to my face for 30 minutes before the burning stopped.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Definitely check out Oil of Olay either the Regenerist or the Total Effects line. Each formula has products with spf 15. You can go to www.Olay.com and order samples of these products. I am a true skin product addict, and I have tried everything out there. The Olay products are as good as any others in Department stores, and much less expensive. For instance, Strivectin-D is $135 a tube. OoO Regenerist is about $17. Both have the same active ingredient, but OoO has it in a higer concentration!! Many times, OoO products are on special at Target, Walgreens, CVS, even in supermarkets. For the price, I'd say give them a try. And definitely check out their website for samples and coupons.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
cynthia uses Clinique City Works or something its a 25 spf. she doesnt break out. check them out. we all really like clinique products.
the bottle was around $25

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Feb 11 2005, 01:14 PM
cynthia uses Clinique City Works or something its a 25 spf.  she doesnt break out.  check them out.  we all really like clinique products. 
  the bottle was around $25
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34831
[/QUOTE]
I think you're talking about Clinique City Block. It's a nice product, however, it does leave a sheen (not quite glitter) on your face. It is kind of like a tinted moisturizer with spf. Personally, I didn't really care for it.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Love, love, love the Olay Regenerist. It's the ONLY thing that doesn't give me an allergic reaction, but everyone is different. Maybe find someone that uses it and try it out first before you purchase any? And I love it that I can buy it at the Walgreens drug store or Target. I'm NOT a shopper and to go into a Mall to do the foo foo store thing would NOT work for me. LOL

·
Registered
200 Posts
I am in love with the Shiseido line of products, but the moisturizer I use from them only has an SPF of 10, so I may look for something higher. (I am as white as Tavish). I know a lot of people who like Clinique, but I am WAY to fair for a coloured moisturizer... I may have to check out the Oil of Olay, which is at least SPF15. I didn't know Strivectin had a sunscreen in it, but I did hear that it wasn't as good with wrinkles as they claim. Any sunscreen I use on my face makes me break out... it's terrible.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm fair, not really fair, but light enough that I burn pretty easily. I've already had two 2nd degree sunburns in my life (not fun).

I hate using regular sunscreen because it is so oily it makes me breakout. I bought a facial sunscreen last year and it was still too oily. I think it was a Copperton one.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Lexi's mom--MOISTURIZER QUESTION! HAHAHAAHAH I'm still waiting until I finish all of my Aveeno moisturizer to find another product. Part of me wants to go back to neutrogena and part of me wants to TRY olay. I think snoopychan suggested pond's(???). I have to go back to look. Where in the world is snoopychan anyway? sheesh.

Tavish--I am a total lover of Shiseido. And I'm not a fan of clinique either. I'm not a fan of shiseido's prices though lol.

I wonder if MAC's skincare line is better than the stuff we can buy at walmart and walgreens. A friend of my sister's works there and he said it does NOT compare to shiseido, but if it's better than the brands we buy at walmart...I dont mind.

I've been using Aveeno and Zhen in the morning. Aveeno isn't moisturizing enough. Zhen is not that bad and a wee bit oilyand if that sucker ever gets in your eyes....OUCH.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by ButterCloudandNoriko@Feb 11 2005, 06:57 PM
Lexi's mom--MOISTURIZER QUESTION!  HAHAHAAHAH  I'm still waiting until I finish all of my Aveeno moisturizer to find another product.  Part of me wants to go back to neutrogena and part of me wants to TRY olay.  I think snoopychan suggested pond's(???).  I have to go back to look.  Where in the world is snoopychan anyway?  sheesh.  <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34945
[/QUOTE]

I really like the one I got from Bath and Bodyworks. My skin is SO soft.

Oh, I also bought a eye moisturizer from I think Neutragena. I really like it.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh, I also bought a eyemakeup remover when I got the eye mositurizer. Don't remember the brand though. It is a little blue tub. I got it at Walmart. It even removes waterproof makeup.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Feb 11 2005, 07:01 PM
I really like the one I got from Bath and Bodyworks.  My skin is SO soft.

Oh, I also bought a eye moisturizer from I think Neutragena.  I really like it.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=34946
[/QUOTE]

Can you not find a good moisturizer with spf at Bath and bodyworks? Why change if it's so good?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts