Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gotta get rid of the Fall and Halloween bows so I can start making Christmas bows!

So, while supplies last, all Fall and Halloween bows are only $2.50 each instead of $3.50.

Here are just a few. Click on the link below my signature to see more.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been stocking up on embellishments and ribbon since it started coming in to the stores and can't wait to start on Christmas bows!

Christmas is my favorite time of year so I think the bows will be ongoing for the next few months. I think I'll make more, maybe limit the number I make of one kind, then move on to another style.

I personally believe that Christmas starts as soon as the turkey leftovers are gone, so Lady has to wear a Christmas (or at least a red or green bow) everyday in December!

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Christmas is my fav time of the year also....I usually put up 5 christmas trees in my house

my sons birthday is a few days before thanksgiving (well every 5 years its on T-day) so since we are always at the familyies for thanksgiving CHristmas starts for us after the last guest leaves the birthday party we start hauling it all down and getting organized.

doing 5 trees takes a few days. The largest tree is 12 foot tall and the smallest is 3. Each tree has a "theme" and the entire room follows that theme.

I just love christmas.

I even change out my dishes

My mother hardly decorates I learned it all from my Mother In law so at least my husband doen'st think I'm crazy he is used to it.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I love Christmas. The Friday after Thanksgiving is when I put my trees up. I have two trees that go up and although it doesn't compare to five trees, my house is small, so it is all relative. LOL Anyway, I pack my house with so much Christmas stuff that you can hardly walk around.

Holly, are your trees themed? The tree that goes in the foyer is an "anything" tree, but the living room tree and all the decorations in the living room are nothing but Disney!

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Marj, Paris is requesting more bows...I will pm you.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Oct 5 2005, 02:30 PM
Holly, are your trees themed?  The tree that goes in the foyer is an "anything" tree, but the living room tree and all the decorations in the living room are nothing but Disney!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=106634
[/QUOTE]

Yes they all kinda have themes....the living room tree is the largest. We live in an "old" house and so the living room has these really tall ceilings so we need a big tree in there. It is done in red lights with green, red and gold balls on it and it is the tree that has all the fun ornaments that my kids have collected thru the years and some left over from my childhood and my husbands. So we call it our "fun" tree. we use all santa wrapping paper on the gifts under it.

I have a dining room but its not really a formal dinning it is the only room to eat in lol but It is painted dark burgundy with white crown molding I have inherited a few anique furniture pieces that are in there so that tree is 8 foot and it done in white lights with gold and burgundy balls and all the ornaments on it all tend to be more "victorian" themed I collect santas so they are more the gold and cream santas that look all fancy lol I also have several antique ornaments from our grandmothers on there. We call it the "grown up" tree. All the wrapping paper under it is poinsettias.

The one in the boys room is five foot and done all in sports, baseball, golf, basetball, football and soccer. with muli colored lights. We call this one the "boys" tree. All the wrapping we use for it is santa themed But we don't usually put but a few pesents under it.

The fourth one is in my room. It is probably the most boring of all. It is pretty plain. It is just a four foot tree but we have our bed in a courner and put it on a box so all but the bottom branches stick up over the back of the bed and so it looks like a tall skinny tree it is done in white lights with red and silver balls and silver glittery snow flakes. It is all the christmas ornaments from our first married christmas.

The last tree is small only three foot and it is in the kitchen and it has no lights It is just done in holly berries and the crystalized icecycle look.

Each room has a wreath or greens that are decoreated in that same theme. The day after Christmas sale is my favorite day of the year. LOL

I know i go way overboard. But I tell myself It was all at least half off hehehe

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Just wanted to update everyone on quantity....

I'm out of the pumpkin in the group picture, but still have one of this Jack O'Lantern left:

I still have a few of the pumpkin in this picture:

I have one turkey left.

And 2 candy corn bows, and several sunflower bows.

Thanks for all the orders!

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Originally posted by LadysMom@Oct 7 2005, 01:18 PM
Just wanted to update everyone on quantity....

I'm out of the pumpkin in the group picture, but still have one of this Jack O'Lantern left:

I still have a few of the pumpkin in this picture:

I have one turkey left.

And 2 candy corn bows, and several sunflower bows.

Thanks for all the orders!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=107544
[/QUOTE]

Were can I get your website info?
I found it... can you Point me to your manly bows.

·
Registered
4,856 Posts
Paris received her bows, Marj. They are so cute! Great job! Can't wait for your Christmas ones.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pictures, pictures!!!!!

Does Paris need a turkey dress to match her turkey bow?

I'm working on the Christmas bows! I am trying to make a few of each style before I post pictures so I won't be so overwelmed! It takes me about an hour to make each bow, so I can only do 3-4 in an evening after work.

Christmas is my favorite time of year. I plan to start posting pictures right after Halloween, then just keep making bows until Christmas!

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
Ooooohhh.....please put me on your list for holiday bows. Valletta loves her fall collection. The back to school bows were a tremendous hit with the kids at school...and the teachers too! My personal favorite is the little chalkboard one. Today, she's wearing the jack o' lantern.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.