Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Nov 21 2004, 05:00 PM
I have read a few posts about puppy mills and I wanted to share my story about Fantasia, my three year old (in Feb.) Maltese.  .......
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17626
[/QUOTE]

Thank you so much for sharing your story..... We have a new section on this site under the Breeder's category "Puppmills/Brokers/Home/Breeders". You may want to see if Joe can move this post there. We are hoping that by having a separate category that those who come on this site looking for information will be sure to read all of the posts. Your post is just the type of information that needs to be in that section. Thank you again for taking so much time to educate the public on the situation of pet stores and puppymills, etc.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by FannyMay@Nov 21 2004, 09:31 PM
Thanks everyone for the kind words.  I don't know if this is related but Fantasia is also really frail when it comes to vaccinations and other things like that.  She always has a reaction to vaccinations so we have decided to only get her rabies once every three years.  She got way too many vaccinations when she was a pup.  She also has a tender belly.  We aren't sure why but we associate it with her spay.  She never had a problem with her belly until after her spay. 
The only thing that really bothers her is her belly and sometimes her back.  We give her smithacone when she gets gassy and I give her back rubs when her back is bothering her.  I can always tell when she's not feeling well because she acts lathargic.  It's usually either her back or her belly.  She loves belly rubs. 
  Her left knee pops out whenever I pick her up but not that I have noticed when she walks.  I know her knees will be a big problem when she gets older but for now she's fine. 
Her favorite thing to do is dance but the vet says it probably hurts her back to do this so we shouldn't let her.  It's really hard to stop her from doing what she loves to do though.  My husband built her stairs up to our bed but she won't use steps to get up onto the couch though.  The vet says she will need ramps to everything when she gets older.  I hope she will use a ramp to the couch when she gets older.  She just jumps right up to the couch whenever she wants. 
Anyway thanks again for the kind words.  I love this forum!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=17697
[/QUOTE]

Bless your heart...... you are such a good mommy... she is so very lucky! My first Maltese, Rosebud, came from a home breeder and both dam and sire were from pet stores so she was a pet store puppy in a roundabout way. She had a zillion health problems.... I thought it was normal for the breed... I didn't know otherwise!
It is so sad what these babies have to go through because of irresponsible breeders who care more for the money than the health of the dogs they bring in to this world... oh well... I better not get on my soap box!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.