Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
Jodi, even though I know Fantasia's story, it touches me every time I hear it. She reminds me so much of my Lady who, as you know, also came from a pet store and also has multiple health issues. Not only diabetes and epilepsy, my vet also told me that Lady has the bones of a much older dog. She had xrays last year which showed arithritis all over her then 7&1/2 year old body. My vet said that "if she were human, she would have to be ina nursing home" she was in such pain.

I am happy to say her pain is managable, but she has to take steriods daily, in addition to several joint supplements. Long term steriod use will eventually take it's toll, but it's a quality of life and comfort issue.

I know this is a controversial subject here, but I think it is so important for those of us who are living with the results of buying a pet shop puppy (or in my case, adopting one) to share their experiences. As Jodi expresses so well, it is heartbreaking to love a little creature who has to suffer and be in pain through no fault of their own, just to line the pockets of millers and brokers.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.