Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not into following all the latest fashion trends. I really don't care to shop. So I don't know what the current spring trend is for handbags, clothes, etc...

But I've noticed just a couple of girls on TV wearing those huge glasses that were so popular in the 80's. PLEASE someone tell me that is not the new trend! :(

·
Premium Member
13,444 Posts
oh my....it snowed overnite and now this LOL.....actually one of the girls at work is still wearing hers.

Remember those glasses where the ear piece joined the lense at the bottom 'corner' and then came up over the ear...do you mean those?

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Yes, it is the trend (I think it has been for a little while), and I LOVE it! I've always been a fan of big glasses. :p

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I know big sunglasses are in again. I always think of them as movie star glasses.
Guess I should clarify. I'm talking about eyeglasses, not sunglasses. LOVE the big sunglasses! But the big eyeglasses? Nope...not so much. And you just can't see as well with those huge lenses. I was so happy when the big glasses went out of fashion and the small ones became popular.

·
Registered
17,045 Posts
Guess I should clarify. I'm talking about eyeglasses, not sunglasses. LOVE the big sunglasses! But the big eyeglasses? Nope...not so much. And you just can't see as well with those huge lenses. I was so happy when the big glasses went out of fashion and the small ones became popular.
The only problem with the smaller frames is that anyone who might need a multifocal lense can find it difficult to find nice frames.....single vision, no problem. I love big sunglasses.

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
This is off topic...but I guess since I'm the OP, it's ok. lol Got curious and googled the meaning of Siobhan.

Origin of the name Siobhan:

Phonetic Pronunciation: shuh-VAHN Popular Gaelic form of Joan, a feminine form of John (God is gracious). The name was Anglicized as Chevonne and Judith.

Hmmmm....that would be kind of nice name for a little girl Malt.:innocent:

Can you tell I've got some time on my hands today?:HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
The only problem with the smaller frames is that anyone who might need a multifocal lense can find it difficult to find nice frames.....single vision, no problem. I love big sunglasses.
You are right Pat. Smaller frames are not good if you need a multifocal lense, especially progressives. There is not enough space for the different visions. I can attest to it first hand.

·
Registered
7,134 Posts
Do you watch American Idol? Sihoban (who just got kicked off this past week) has those giant eyeglasses. I just could NOT warm up to them.

DO like the big sunglasses, though. Not too big--mine are not so huge but big enough.

(duh--just saw you mentioned Sihoban....)

·
Registered
7,915 Posts
*sigh* Yep. And like this. Seriously....this is attractive? If yes, then I'm way older then I thought.:brownbag:

Siobhan Magnus - Contestants - American Idol
Crystal, you are cracking me up :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:Yup, just pulled out my rocking chair toooooooo. Guess what the trend for the young ones in our office is...hmmmm care to guess.... FLIP FLOPS, yup, good ole flippers.....hubby and I die. But they pull it off. Back in the day, we would have been sent home for sure.

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
oh gosh - then I too am old! I remember fighting my parents to get new glasses when the smaller ones came out - I hated the BUG eye 'for vision' glasses. As far as sun glasses go - the bigger ones and the wrap kind are better for your eyes so I have always worn those.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I know big sunglasses are in again. I always think of them as movie star glasses.
Funny story, but a couple of years ago on Halloween, I didn't have a costume to wear and so I dressed in black pants, a black long sleved t-shirt, did my hair up like Audrey Hepburn in "Breakfast at Tiffanys" and put on huge black sunglasses. Then I told everyone that I was an incognito movie star -- that was my Halloween costume. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
3,393 Posts
I couldn't figure out how to write under the picture. That was me in 1989. I thought they looked cool then, but I think they look ridiculous now!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.