Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water in my town SUCKS!!! It is yellow sometimes. GROSS! I grew up in a town that for years was rated in the top ten for having the best water in the country. So I can't stand water that has any after taste to it.

Since moving here I've been buying gallons of water. I'm so sick of having to buy them! Of carring them up 3 flights of stairs. So I'm thinking of getting a Faucet-Mount Water Filtration System. I was wondering if anyone has one? If so which one? Which are good and which sucks?

Thanks!

Edit: The one I'm kind of looking at is the Pur 3 Stage Faucet Mount - Horizontal "Brushed Steel' Finish Style FM-9100. It is this style but just a different finish

·
Registered
178 Posts
I got it and I love it. I cant drink water from the faucet because I got stomach cramps, the filter really works and dont leave a nasty taste in the water.

At least that is my opinion.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by SNOWY@Aug 31 2005, 11:06 AM
I got it and I love it. I cant drink water from the faucet because I got stomach cramps, the filter really works and dont leave a nasty taste in the water.

At least that is my opinion. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95710
[/QUOTE]
You have the one I'm looking at?

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I have one of the cheaper versions of the PUR filter and it works great. That's the kind of water I've always used for the dogs and it tastes clean and fresh. I do think I will buy a Brita next time though because it also has a spray feature which is nice.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have the exact one you are looking at...well only in white. BUt I loooove it. Actually I was very lucky I got mine at Big Lots for 9.99....and it came with two filters. I had the cheaper one first and liked it alot and was time to get new filters and I was at Big Lots one day and saw this one and figured it was cheaper than filters so got it and really really like.

the water taste great.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I think is the same one, I am not good with names and models, mine does not have a green light in the top (if that is what it is
) but the rest it looks just the same. The filters you can buy at Walmart, and Bed Bath and Beyond, I am sure there must be some other stores that sell them.

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I had one very similar to that one... it was the best Pur had at the time... a couple years ago. It looked almost exactly like that... just a slight design difference. The things I didn't like were that the water came out slower than I would have liked, and it made it hard to get large pots under it. But the main thing was I had a hard time changing the filter. Even with my nephew helping me it was so hard to unscrew the front to get the filter in. I finally got so frustrated with it, that I removed it. I now have two 3-gallon containers with spouts in my refrig. which I keep filled with reverse osmosis water that I get at the health food store and I have a zillion jugs of water, too, that I re-fill there. It is not quite as convenient as the Pur but it was truly driving me crazy!

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom@Aug 31 2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks, KC!  I will definitly check to see how hard it is to change the filter before buying one.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95748
[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the problem is that you have to screw it on tightly or it'll leak. So if you screw it on tightly for some reason it gets sort of stuck and just doesn't want to come off. The same thing happened to a guy I know who is the one who had recommended it to me to begin with. He removed his, too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.