Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My favorite book is "Stolen Moments" by Barbara Fisher.
I couldnt stop crying.... Awsome book.
Whats your favorite book???

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Feb 2 2005, 12:18 PM
Number the Stars by Lois Lowry
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32966
[/QUOTE]

That was my favorite book growing up... I'll have to think about my all time favorite book... I love reading

·
Registered
178 Posts

Excellent question, but for me it is going to be very difficult to decide for one specific. I love reading, I read one or two books per wk. When I was growing up my all time favorite was Little Women, I still can read it and cry. Another one is Le Pettit Prince.

I love reading books about the 1920-1950 the Depression Era, the Russian Revolution, World War I and II, the Holocaust.

But also I read contemporary novels.

I'm just not too crazy about 1500-1800 romance novels, and absolutely no Sci-Fi or terror for me.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
GEESH! I can't name just one!!! I LOVE most children's litereature books! I LOVE Stephanie's Ponytail-and Charlie the Caterpillar...and most of Max Lucado's children's books.
I also love The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein...my all time favorite book would have to be...Where the Red Fern Grows!!! I think that has got to be one of the most beautiful stories of all time!!! I cannot get through the book or the movie without crying! Such love and devotion throughout the entire book! Excellently written and portrayed!!!

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I love to read so just hand me a book and I'll read it.. I'm not very picky, I'll read it all. I think I've probably only disliked one or two books enough to not finish them.. I love just about everything. Some of my all time faves are:

"Fight Club" by Chuck Palahniuk (anything by him is great)
"Georgiana: Duchess of Devonshire" by Amanda Foreman
"Da Vinci Code" by Dan Brown
"Guests of the Shiek" by Elizabeth Warnock Fernea
"Bel Canto" by Ann Patchett
"The Awakening" by Kate Chopin
"Falling Angels" by Tracy Chevalier

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Feb 2 2005, 01:46 PM
Where the Red Fern Grows!!! I think that has got to be one of the most beautiful stories of all time!!! I cannot get through the book or the movie without crying! Such love and devotion throughout the entire book! Excellently written and portrayed!!!
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32983
[/QUOTE]

That has to be my favorite book of all time... OH MY GOSH! I still my original copy and it is just falling apart. I absolutly LOVE that book.

"Little Women" is also so good. I have that, and the DVD next to each other!

I know I am way behind the times but I am about to start "Da Vinci Code"

I'm still thinking though... I know I have more...

Edit: Duh... I loved The 5 People You Meet in Heaven

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by nataliecmu@Feb 2 2005, 01:57 PM
Edit: Duh... I loved The 5 People You Meet in Heaven
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32987
[/QUOTE]

I haven't read that, but heard it was really good...maybe I will ask for it for my birthday...in 10 days!

·
Registered
894 Posts
DaVinci Code for sure, all the "classics" and "Chicken Soup for the Mothers Soul". I found all the Chicken Soup books to be just great!!

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Originally posted by Nichole@Feb 2 2005, 02:01 PM
Traci is your b-day the 12th?  Mine is the 13th!!  WOO HOO for us! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=32989
[/QUOTE]

Yep...the 12th...hubby's is that day too...we share a birthday...

·
Registered
323 Posts
Alot of February b-days mine is the 8th-----no wonder we are all such nice people

Favorite books, if you ask my husband I have not found a book I didn't like
. I am an avid reader and love to read. I enjoy sequels..I loved the Mitford Series by Jan Karon-just a fun light read. But I have way to many favs to list.....I just enjoy a good entertaining or suspense book....so keep the names coming I will have to check them out...

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
I love to read, though lately most of my time seems to be spent on the computer. When I was growing up my favorites were "Gone with the Wind", "Little Women", and the Little House books. Recently I've really enjoyed the Da Vinci Code. I also read everything by Linda Howard and Nora Roberts, among others.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
i am no big book reader, i read the paper, magazines, how-to's, ALOT of the internet, truck/car stuff, tech gadgets, bla bla bla but two of the books i have read that I loved are the electric koolade acid test, i think by tom wolfe, i could be wrong and the bridges of madison county, yes i said it, TBoMC

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
I also enjoyed the DaVinci code. One book that got to my soul was "The Five People You Meet in Heaven" by Mitch Albom. I cried all through it.... his words were just so beautiful. I heard him speak recently and met him at a fund raising dinner and he was wonderful.... such a good-hearted man.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Hard to choose, but some of them are:

"She's Come Undone" by Wally Lamb
"This Much I Know is True" by Wally Lamb
"Beach Music" by Pat Conroy
"Prince of Tides" by Pat Conroy
"Memoirs of a Geisha" by Arthur Golden
"To Kill a Mockingbird" by Harper Lee

I could go on and on, but my memory ain't what it used to be.

I loved "The Secret Garden" by Frances Hodgson Burnett when I was a kid.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
THere were so many I wanted to comment on!!!

Originally posted by 2happymalts@Feb 2 2005, 07:28 PM
Alot of February b-days mine is the 8th-----no wonder we are all such nice people

Favorite books, if you ask my husband I have not found a book I didn't like 
. I am an avid reader and love to read. I enjoy sequels..I loved the Mitford Series by Jan Karon-just a fun light read. But I have way to many favs to list.....I just enjoy a good entertaining or suspense book....so keep the names coming I will have to check them out...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33026
[/QUOTE]

My husband would say the same thing about me! I love to read when I have the time...but I MUST have the time...because when I get into a good book, the rest of my life goes on hold until I can finish it! I never want to put them down!! :D

Originally posted by msmagnolia@Feb 2 2005, 07:32 PM
I love to read, though lately most of my time seems to be spent on the computer.  When I was growing up my favorites were "Gone with the Wind", "Little Women", and the Little House books.  Recently I've really enjoyed the Da Vinci Code.  I also read everything by Linda Howard and Nora Roberts, among others.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33029
[/QUOTE]

I LOVE Nora Roberts!!! Her books are AWESOME!!!!
Originally posted by Joe@Feb 2 2005, 07:58 PM
i am no big book reader, i read the paper, magazines, how-to's, ALOT of the internet, truck/car stuff, tech gadgets, bla bla bla but two of the books i have read that I loved are the electric koolade acid test, i think by tom wolfe, i could be wrong and the bridges of madison county, yes i said it, TBoMC 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33040
[/QUOTE]

WHAT A MAN!!!! He owns/loves and runs a site for foo-foo dogs...AND...he is man enough to admit he has read The Bridges of Madison County
Where were you when I was looking for a husband!?
I can't even get mine to sit through the movie~and it has some sex scenes in it!

Originally posted by Chelsey@Feb 2 2005, 09:21 PM
I'm a  Terry Brookes Fan and VC Andrews fan Dedicated. 

I can't name one, as I love them all.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=33050
[/QUOTE]

I used to read VC Andrews when I was a younger. I read all of the Flowers in the Attic and the Heaven series. I think there was one series after that I read too. Then I decided that they pretty much all had the same themes, and it got old.

I also used to read a lot of Stephen King...but his mind is SO warped, that I couldn't read him any more. One of my favorite books by him is Needful Things. I thought it had a really great message if you could make it through the book. Really made you stop and think.
Anyway, he started using children as the demons/bad people in some of them...and I put him down. His mind is just not operating on a sane path or something...

·
Registered
199 Posts
my fav in recent years was attonement by IAN MCEWAN.

I also read a lot of "fluff" while I'm in school b/c there is so much reading for school. I'll read a few pages at night or a book on the weekend. I check out books at the library all the time.

I love all the anne of green gable books and read them often...

I do read lots of children's books for school and I love most of them. There are so many great stories out there on every topic to explain things to children.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts