Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite game to play with your furry one and what is his or her favorite game?

Looking for some fun ideas!

We have just discovered that Tiki loves to chase bubbles outside. You can purchase chicken flavored bubbles (believe it or not!) :lol:

Tiki's Mom

·
Registered
382 Posts
I'm trying this again, didn't post the first 2 times. If it shows up in multiples please ignore..

Bentley loves for me to chase him. He loves for me to start out chasing him and saying " I'm gonna get you!" clap my hands and the chase is on. He goes so fast I swear he gets airborne. He runs from one end of the house to the other and at that point I can stay in one spot clap and say"I'm gonna get you " every time he passes. He will do this for about 10 minutes and wear himself out, helps burn of some energy. He also like to get under things like pillows and blankets, clothes, etc and I say "where are you" he loves it. He likes fetch too but the "I'm gonna get you" game is his fav.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Sampson and Maggie both like to play fetch

Sampson likes to chase the light on the floor from a flash light, he will literally wear himself out chasing it

Sampson also likes to play tug o war

this isnt exactly a game but is funny, if Sampson is sitting in my lap when i'm in the living room Maggie will go over to the patio door and bark like something is out there (there isnt) and when sampson jumps up to see whats out there Maggie runs over and takes his spot in my lap, he falls for it every time :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder if Bently and Tiki are brothers. The fun you describe we play every day! Same clap, same run..... Tiki likes to do a figure 8 around the living room.

We also play tug of war with a "frog puppet" that squeeks, I haven't tried the flash light, maybe that's what we'll do tonight!

Tiki's Mom

·
Registered
346 Posts
Morgan has two he likes..winter is gonna be tough for the first one

The first is we have a deck, our house is a ranch style so one side is the kitchen, the other side is the living room, both rooms have a door leading to the deck, we open them and play, running through the doors in circles and he love sit, just running in cirlces

The other is tug o war with squeaky stuffed toys, we call his "babies". Then throw them down the long hall, he runs and when he reaches the end of the area rug, he jumps into the air and then hops the rest of the way down, grabs the toy, brings it back and then it starts all over again with the tug o war

BTW, was gonna ask, does anyone elses babies do the hopping thing when they get running or is mine just part rabbit? :D

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tiki does the hopping thing all the time! I just love it

They look like cute little bunnies when they do it and you've just got to smile!

Tiki's Mom

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well, Angel also likes chasing me around the house. It's pretty funny because she'll be chasing me & I'll actually be scared that she's going to catch me. Then I'll turn on her & she'll start running away. But then she'll stop & start barking at me... so I'll start running again.. and it goes on & on...

I love playing hide-and-seek with her. It's hilarious! She'll find me fast in most places.. but the secret is behind the doors. I'll be hiding behind the door for like 5 minutes and I'll just hear "tick,tick,tick,tick" of her nails walking around everywhere. Then when I know she's further away I'll whistle or call her name & she'll come running back trying to find me again. I'm behind the door trying not to laugh because I see her looking down the hall like she can't figure out where I could be. Then it seems like she got an idea & runs down to another room. Finally she'll decide to look behind the door & when she sees me I start yelling "you found me" over & over.. she just loves it.. she'll start jumping up & stuff. It's funny. My husband had never seen that before but the day that I did it when he was here- he was cracking up. He kept trying to give her hints. It's so much fun!

I also bother her a lot. I'll nudge her & she'll try to grab my hand & start barking at it... so I'll keep doing it.. haha...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts