Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! I have a silly question. I'm tired of my shampoo and I want to try something new. What is your absolute favorite (for Human's) shampoo? I'm thinking of trying something by Aveda, anyone have any esperience with them? Thanks in advance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,597 Posts
Only products I don't seem to be allergic to our Nexus, I use the Therapy shampoo and Humectrus conditioner. I love them both but then I have a contact in the salon business so I do get them a little cheaper. They are very expensive and I have had to buy them at regular price....gggggrrrrrrrrrr

Susan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
I'm like Aveda shampoos & cond. I guess i'm kinda partial since I used to work for them; its hard to buy retail price now.
Which ones were you going to try?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
I usually use products from the beauty salon but one day I was at Earth Fare and I overheard an employee telling another employee that a particular conditioner really seem to make his hair grow. Well, I figured I had to try it. The brand is Giovanni, a line of organic hair-care products. Their web site is worth going to just for the experience:
Giovanni Cosmetics Web Site.

I got the shampoo, conditioner, and leave-in conditioner and I swear my hair seems to be growing much faster.... But I would love it even if it didn't seem to make my hair grow. It does the best with my hair of anything I've ever used. My hair stylist was just gushing over my hair at my last visit saying how healthy it seemed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by snoopychan@Jun 7 2005, 05:07 PM
I'm like Aveda shampoos & cond. I guess i'm kinda partial since I used to work for them; its hard to buy retail price now.
 
Which ones were you going to try?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70239
[/QUOTE]

I cant choose
I was thinking about the Madder Root (I have brunette hair) or the Shampure. What was your Favorite?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I need to just get samples of everything :D but Im going to have to look at the shampoo that makes your hair grow (Giovanni), I like that its organic too. My goodness its hard to type with Bella taking up my whole left arm, I think I'll come back later
Bella isn't too very concerned about my hair. Has anyone used the Madder Root stuff by Aveda?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
The organic shampoo sounds good! My hair grows so slow.


I like Shampure, Color Conserve, Clove and Hair Detoxifier ( I use it the day before I color especially to remove any build up; it doesn't dry out my hair)

I used both Madder Root shamp & cond. I liked both but the shampoo might not feel hydrating enough for some people. The conditioner is good too. If they still sell them, maybe try an experience size (even though they are a bit pricey) first to see how you like it...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Jun 7 2005, 08:14 PM
I think I need to just get samples of everything  :D  but Im going to have to look at the shampoo that makes your hair grow (Giovanni), I like that its organic too.  My goodness its hard to type with Bella taking up my whole left arm, I think I'll come back later
Bella isn't too very concerned about my hair. Has anyone used the Madder Root stuff by Aveda?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70296
[/QUOTE]

The store I get the Giovanni at, Earth Fare, carries small travel size bottles of Giovanni. It is a great size for trying it and handy for travel, too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,486 Posts
My salon uses Aveda and Bumble & Bumble products. I switch around on the type of shampoos (within those 2 brands) so my hair won't get "used" to one particular kind. I have fine, limp hair that is stick straight. I need all the help I can get.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
I have natural curly hair that loves to frizz so I like two diffent ones. And I switch them up.

I like the Matrix Color in the purple bottle it is great to keep my highlights and lowlights bright and shiny and I love the Matrix Curl in the orange bottle it is great for taming frizzies. If i use the color shampoo I use this curl stuff that is like a leave in conditioner but to tame frizzies.

My sister has fine hair and loves the matrix amplifie and the redkin Fat Cat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,428 Posts
I use KMS Daily Fixx shampoo and KMS Silker reconstructor, and about once a week I use Biolage conditioning balm. My hairstylist has me using these. I have fine hair too. I think I may try the Giovanni...my hair grows sooooo sloooooww.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by RubyJeansmom@Jun 9 2005, 09:11 PM
I use KMS Daily Fixx shampoo and KMS Silker reconstructor, and about once a week  I use Biolage conditioning balm. My hairstylist has me using these. I have fine hair too. I think I may try the Giovanni...my hair grows sooooo sloooooww.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71129
[/QUOTE]

My hair is also fine... the Giovanni Leave-In Conditioner is great for giving it body when blow drying...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Originally posted by msmagnolia@Jun 7 2005, 07:34 PM
My salon uses Aveda and Bumble & Bumble products.  I switch around on the type of shampoos (within those 2 brands) so my hair won't get "used" to one particular kind.  I have fine, limp hair that is stick straight.  I need all the help I can get.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70351
[/QUOTE]
I love Bumble stuff too! Especially the thickening spray! I can relate with you in the hair dept!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmommy+Jun 7 2005, 05:05 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-snoopychan
@Jun 7 2005, 05:07 PM
I'm like Aveda shampoos & cond. I guess i'm kinda partial since I used to work for them; its hard to buy retail price now.
 
Which ones were you going to try?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70239
I cant choose
I was thinking about the Madder Root (I have brunette hair) or the Shampure. What was your Favorite?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=70289
[/B][/QUOTE]
I like the Shampure better...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,672 Posts
I use Shampure and have for years and years and can't live without it! But I have highlights on dark blonde hair so the Madder might be better for your brunette head.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,415 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I forgot to ask in my original question, do any of you use a thermal protectant before you style your hair? What kind? Im looking for one but haven't picked one out yet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
We just use plain ole "Pantene shampoo with conditioner" . It does make your hair strong and my hubby wouldn't use anything else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
365 Posts
Originally posted by bellasmommy@Jun 10 2005, 01:27 PM
I forgot to ask in my original question, do any of you use a thermal protectant before you style your hair?  What kind?  Im looking for one but haven't picked one out yet.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=71435
[/QUOTE]
I don't; the hair products i'm using help to protect hair as well. I think most products now have some sort of ingredients to protect your hair and you can find alot of good ones at alot of places (Wal Mart, Target, Ulta...) I love trying different stuff. Okay! I guess i'm sort of a product junkie!!
:lol:
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top