Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are some of you Furbabies favorite toys to play with.? What do you recommend as MUST HAVES. Do the tend to destroy certain toys ?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
ellie LOVES her pink fuzzy football. its soft and has a squeaker...but she usually doesnt squeak it. she just wants to play fetch ALL DAY LONG!!!

and she loves these mini tennis balls. they're really really small. like at the store, i've seen small yellow tennis balls---but these are even smaller. they're orange and green. and she loves playing with those.

sprite LOVES this green and yellow fiesta ball. i'll look for a pic!
i cant find a pic. it has a rope coming out of it and then the actual "ball" looks like its made out of trashbags. its all plasticy.

i'll take pics today and post them on friday!

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
parker doesnt like toys..ive searched high and low for a toy he would bring me to play with...all he ever fools with is this floppy puppy dog w/ sqeakers inside. he carries it around like his baby and wimpers and licks on it...it is very strange. i thought maybe he thought of it as his xhild but he will shake it around too. we try to get him to bring it to us, and he just doesnt get it. if we try to play tug with it, that only lasts a few seconds...i think he is A.D.D.
i wish he like to play with toys...i think my hubby would love for park to play fetch with him.

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Sadie likes most toys. And right now Jolie the Bichon (who has a whole box of toys) is only interested in small Maltese toys. Their favorite is a small squirrel from Petsmart and I have ended up buying 2 so they'd each have one. You guessed it - they're only interested in the one that the other has!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
I bought some of these toys for Kodie for xmas...
-this giggly wiggly ball... (since Kodie has been neutered his taste of toys keeps changing..haha.. he likes toys with noises now) wiggly ball
-I bought the smallest rope just like this one at petsmart (this will be his second rope i bought.. he loved it so much that it got all tore up!) rope
-This is Kodie's favorite stuffed toy.. doggy

I cant think of what else i bought him and i'm at work..haha.. i know i bought him some sweat shirts for winter.. haha.. and a toy box for his toys (he out grew his other one)... and i'm gettin him a new bed. I will probably stop out at petsmart to take a look.. or maybe take a look at some toys on dogtoys.com... i always find good ones on there.. (they are more money sometimes though
)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Lesse..

The Boom Boom loves the following:
his stuffed puppy he's had since he was a baby
his yellow rope toy
yellow bone shaped soft toy with squeeker
his 5 tennis balls
socks with knots
his soft ring thing with a squeeker that doesnt work
this round rubber thing you can put treats in
his kong
this mouse cat toy thing

·
Registered
499 Posts
My boys like just about any toy that they are able to get their mouths around. They also love the minimolecuball that I put their kibble in. I got it at dogtoys.com
http://www.dogtoys.com/minimolecuball.html
It is small enough that they can carry it around, as well as roll and nudge it to make the treats fall out. Quincy carries his around with him, cause of course Jonas wants whatever Quincy has!
Quincymom

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts

The photo above shows some of K & C's favorite toys. Not pictured is Kallie's favorite... a tiny squeaky, rubber "soccer" ball. That is truly her most favorite thing. Toys are really imporant to my guys. They love them. Their favorites are:

A. Rubber Pacifier: They love to hold one end and sling it. It also is good for playing fetch.

B. Rubber Caterpillar: I've had this since my first Maltese, Rosebud, in the early 1990s. It just won't "die". They love to hold one end and sling it around.

C. Rubber "Barbell": The #1 fav for slinging. It's also good for playing fetch. They really love this thing. It is so old... from Rosebud. I cannot seem to find another one like it.

D. Nylafloss: They love this thing.... one of the few toys they'll actually "fight" over. I bought 4 so I'd have plenty. This is the one made by Nyla. The other brands are made of cotton and I've heard they can be dangerous if the threads are swallowed. This is made of an inert nylon and I've been told that it is much safer than cotton if they happen to swallow some of the strings. It is supposed to be good for their teeth, also. This thing is just wonderful.... they pull on the ends
or chew the middle.... it seems to soothe them both. PetSmart does not carry it. I ordered it from Valley Vet Nylafloss at Valley Vet

E. Rope and Chewing Disk: This is from a new line carried by PetSmart. This stays in Catcher's crate and I hear him chewing on it at night.

F. Rubber "Tri-Pod": They both love this.... It's great for fetch. Catcher plays with this by himself.. slinging and throwing it and running after it. He loves it.

G. Barbell and More: Another toy from the new PetSmart vendor......Pet Stages. It has all sorts of things to interest them. It makes a great noise when slung around.

H. "Mean Kitty": Oh how Kallie loves this! I have to buy one about every month, though, because she will chew so hard on the ears or other seams that she will get it open. I then will sew it and eventually cut off the "bad" leg" or "bad" tail. It'll end up being just a "body". And she humps this one a lot! :eek:

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by LadyMontava@Nov 25 2004, 11:02 PM
parker doesnt like toys..ive searched high and low for a toy he would bring me to play with...all he ever fools with is this floppy puppy dog w/ sqeakers inside.  he carries it around like his baby and wimpers and licks on it...it is very strange.  i thought maybe he thought of it as his xhild but he will shake it around too.  we try to get him to bring it to us, and he just doesnt get it.  if we try to play tug with it, that only lasts a few seconds...i think he is A.D.D.
  i wish he like to play with toys...i think my hubby would love for park to play fetch with him.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18593
[/QUOTE]

LadyMontava, Have you all tried trying to teach Parker to play fetch? It is such good exercise for them. Is it possible that he just may not understand what he is supposed to do? Kallie does not know what to do if I am outside standing and throw the ball. However, if I am inside and sit on the floor, then she knows and she loves to play. In fact, even if I am inside and standing and throw it, she will ignore it. I have to be sitting on the floor for her to understand that we're playing fetch.

I taught Kallie to play when she was a young puppy and she has become somewhat addicted. She wants to play fetch all the time!! But I haven't spent time with Catcher showing him how to bring it back so he'll run after the toy that I throw but he doesn't know to bring it back to me.

It would be a nice bonding experience for your husband and Parker to play fetch. Mine have such smiles on their faces when they are running after balls.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Nov 27 2004, 12:37 PM
I taught Kallie to play when she was a young puppy and she has become somewhat addicted. She wants to play fetch all the time!! <div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=18778
[/QUOTE]

i agree with u !!!!!!!!!!!

jongee is a total fetch addict too..like a fetch-aholic
she NEVER gets tired from playing fetch !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jongee loves anything thats soft and squeeks..

and she loves squeeking them with her mouth...

as for tennisballs, she EATS the tennisball fabric thingy, so i dont give her any..

also her favorite toy is her Kermit the Frog puppet

i had to buy a kermit puppet to use for one of my school homework, and i didnt need it anymore so i just gave it to jongee..its about half her body size, and she drags it around and plays rough with it, but then sometimes she sleeps on it..its really cute

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i cant find the thread. but someone had that toy where you stick your hand in it and it looks like a puppet.

anyway, we got it...guess who loves it?! gruffi!! and it hurts. LOL. and then he wants to stick his face into the puppet. lol.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 29 2004, 09:29 AM
i cant find the thread.  but someone had that toy where you stick your hand in it and it looks like a puppet.

anyway, we got it...guess who loves it?!  gruffi!!  and it hurts.  LOL.  and then he wants to stick his face into the puppet.  lol.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19166
[/QUOTE]
Lol thats cute! :D

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
Originally posted by doctorcathy@Nov 29 2004, 10:29 AM
i cant find the thread.  but someone had that toy where you stick your hand in it and it looks like a puppet.

anyway, we got it...guess who loves it?!  gruffi!!  and it hurts.  LOL.  and then he wants to stick his face into the puppet.  lol.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19166
[/QUOTE]

it was tiki's mom ...here is the thread:bite meez

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Mystify79+Nov 29 2004, 12:34 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kallie/Catcher's Mom
@Nov 27 2004, 12:26 PM
C. Rubber "Barbell": The #1 fav for slinging. It's also good for playing fetch. They really love this thing. It is so old... from Rosebud. I cannot seem to find another one like it.
I saw that barbell on PetEdge the other day.. here's the link! :D
PetEdge.com
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=19200
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hey thanks so very much for that info... I thought maybe it wasn't being made anymore.... that's great!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts