Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ran over the vet's office to pick up a new bottle of ear cleaner for Toby. For years we have used OtiRinse: Ear Cleansing/Drying Solution. Here is a picture of it...

Apparently it has been recalled by the FDA. I haven't looked into it yet, but I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. The vet said it had something to do with it being improperly manufactured (big surprise, eh?).

So here is the new brand she recommended...

(This brand is also made by the same company that makes the CET Chews! WHOOP! WHOOP!)

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am kind of upset with my vet for not sending out an e-mail or something to let those who have bought this from her know.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Do you know what is wrong with the ear cleaner? I get that from my vet too and they never called or e=mailed that it had been recalled. Are the vets replacing the bottles that they sold or do you know? Thats so much for the info..i would have never known about that if i didn't read it here. Thanks again.

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Do you know what is wrong with the ear cleaner? I get that from my vet too and they never called or e=mailed that it had been recalled. Are the vets replacing the bottles that they sold or do you know? Thats so much for the info..i would have never known about that if i didn't read it here. Thanks again.
Lady's Mom posted a link as to why it was recalled. I *think* it had something to do with the company not following proper procedures when manufacturing various products.

My vet did not replace my bottle. I used it all up since I did not know there was a recall and the only way I found out was when I went to buy a replacement bottle. :angry:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts