Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, I've been SO SO swamped at the clinic and with private consultations, I have spent time on private emails and then FB when I get a moment here and there... but wanted to update all of you on Feather.

She has turned into a PITA LOL. (for those that do not know what that term is, Pain In The A**) and I LOVE every minute of it. She is running around the house now, she is playing with Ritzy and Indi (Ritzy so much, I have to break them up!) and playing with toys constantly. She used to just lay around and I it happened so gradually, I thought it was maturation...uh no, she felt awful! She's back to being busy busy busy :))) and just having the time of her life. I was at a dog show all weekend (see dog show forum for results :) ) and when I got home, my husband said "do you KNOW how spoiled that dog is (point at Feather). I said "Really... and gee WONDER who helped GET her there".. Set scene..Feather barking and stomping her foot at husband.. Husband: "com'ere Darlin, you wanna see what is up on the counters, see if there is any food up there for you..ok". pick her up and go scan counters. I KID you not.

Is she completely 100% no. I think she is always going to have issues, and one of her incisions opened up right as I was leaving to go (I had to cut out a suture, supposed to be absorable last week, I'm sure all due to her being on pred for so long) and this one is now healing up, but we will take what we have and be overjoyed with it. I have NOT run any blood on her, I am avoiding it. I know it is not good. I however, am watching HER. She is on some supplements and vitamins, not much else I can do, so I dno't want to know numbers...just be depressed and will be waiting and watching for her to crash all of the time...so, instead, I'm letting HER tell me how she is feeling and right now, she's feeling great!!!

Thank you all, once more, for all of the prayers and thoughts.. I know they all helped her. She says "tank you". :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
im so happy she is feeling better and playing n being a pita ( thats what my bf calls me lol ) i will continue praying for her to feel totally better , loved hearing about her being spoiled by ur hubby too cute .. hugs feather !

·
Premium Member
24,026 Posts
Karla - what terrific news. :chili::chili: After what Feather and you have gone through it's so wonderful to hear that she's running around, playing and even being a PITA. Are you sure you don't mean that yummy bread that you can put hummus in? :whistle: Love that your DH wants to spoil her -- so funny - they just melt with these little ones. I keep laying down the law and giving my boys the hairy eyeball. The old "What's he eating????" and I see them skulk away. Usually it's just a little crumb that they dropped since they know I'm the law when it comes to Tyler. :police: Really thrilled with the news and hoping maybe for some pix to prove it?:)

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
That's great to hear!!! It really is so stressful to watch a beloved pet go through such a serious illness. You feel so helpless. I can definitely understand what you have been going through...for the past month, I have been trying to diagnose what is wrong with my 12 year old (and dearly loved) cat...he has severely low platelets but we can't figure out why. It has been so stressful and I am worried 24-7 that he is going to crash...so I can 100% understand what you went through with Feather and how happy you are that she is feeling better!!! Congrats on getting her here and I hope she continues to feel better and better!

·
Registered
11,074 Posts
What a thrill to hear how Feather is feeling and acting! I'm so happy for you. Yes, enjoy all of her PITA antics. lol She deserves to have a bit of 'diva' in her. :wub:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Ahhh LOVE the update that your little Feather is feeling so good!:chili:

You keep it up little girll!!! you soooo deserve being a "PITA" and your mom and dad are lovin it and so are we ! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,930 Posts
Karla that is wonderful to hear!! Hurray for Feather..:chili::chili::chili: What a little fighter she is. Your husband is a riot with her. Maltese Daddys are such pushovers. LOL You are such a good Mommy. Hugs to you and lots of kisses for Feather.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts