Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened the door to sign for a package this afternoon and, of course, Pico took the opportunity to slip out to greet the deliveryman. As I was signing the guy said, "Is that a Maltese?" and I, delighted, said "yes, how did you know?".

He said "I grew up with them. I like big dogs". Kinda snotty. Pico is jumping up to be picked up and he didn't even give Pico a pet! As he walked away, Pico followed him and I said "Pico, come back, he doesn't even LIKE you!"

I just had to vent. Hurt my feelings to be so snotty toward a darling fluff-butt just wanting to say hi. I must say the experience was so UNUSUAL that it probably affected me all out of proportion to the meaning but I knew you all would understand my need to whine.

Thanks

·
Registered
7,741 Posts
how rude...poor pico just wanted some lovin!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I totally understand you people who dont like my dog just make me so angry these guys are so sweet i dont understand want is wrong with some people

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Freakin' people.. I don't get why people feel the need to be rude. I don't like big dogs myself, but I never am rude to people who own them! At least you got a little barb in, I hope he heard it!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Maybe one too many small dogs bit him in the bum!

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
awww... i dont understand how someone could just turn away from a maltese... there is just something about them that drawls you to them... and makes you wanna love them!
They are such sweet hearts...

Hugs and luv to Pico...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, I said it loud enough that he heard it and he just kept on walking, with Pico at his heels. And I understand what DMZ is saying but if I had a pet Black Widow spider would I snub someone's Tarantula?

There is something wrong with someone who can't respond to a Maltese face looking up at you saying "Pick me up and I'll love you to death!".

As I said, this was such an unusual occurrence that I MAY have overreacted, but probably not. He IS a MALTESE, after all!

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've had people look at Boom like he's an alien or something.. If I'm not paying attention and hes on his retractable at the park he'll walk up to people, sniff, and mostly wanna say hi.

Some really give nasty looks! Stupid people...

My fav was last fall.. Boom and I were at the park and he has a love for chasing ducks.. Well this lady was walking around the lake at the park and Boom went after the ducks and they flew over her head. She gives me this nasty look and yells at me to control my dog until she gets past me. She started to go past us and I had Boom on a short leash and he acted like he was gonna go sniff her... She actually kicked at him and said something like "get down you nasty dog" I couldn't believe it.. She utters something about he shouldnt be there anyway and I was like "He has the same right to be here as you"

She didn't leave, so I made sure Boom chased all the ducks!

·
Registered
568 Posts
I understand completely how you felt with the delivery man.I own a barber shop.I take Rudy to work with me everyday.Everyone of my customers love him and he has lowered them all to talking baby talk to him.So cute! But I had one man say something rude about Rudy looking like a mop and that his tail was weird.Totally hurt my feelings.We thought the man looked like a 50 gallon barrel with a head on it but didn't tell him so!
I say consider to source! Just thought I would share this.Us furbaby Moms are sensitive.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I KNEW my SM friends would rise up in rage at this guy!
When so many people go out of their way to pet Pico and want to hold him (women AND Manly Men!) it really is an anamoly when someone is rude to a Maltese.

I had the same thought, that maybe he felt he wouldn't look manly if he expressed his true feelings about Maltese........but decided, nah. He was just a jerk.

There is a man in the neighborhood who walks his Bedlington Terrier, Harry, who always goes out of his way to bring Harry over to "talk to" Pico when we are in the yard. He said "Harry" always looks for Pico when he walks by our house. :D So I guess it is more upsetting when you meet someone like the Duck Lady and the Delivery Jerk.

But, like our fiesty little Maltese, we don't take it lightly, do we? Siccing ducks on Duck Lady was genius!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Besides, you were simply defending BoomBoom from an evil woman!

I have a friend who was attacked by her neighbors 2 pit bulls in her own driveway and was so traumatized by the event that I cannot believe that today she babysits for Pico and the chihuahua and Papillon of another friend. We were at the JDRF March this spring and many people bring their large dogs to walk with them and she was cool as a cucumber, to my amazement.

If I had been chased, knocked down and had my arms and back torn open by two dogs I don't know that I wouldn't have behaved much like Duck Lady! Who knows?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I hate it when people do those things, it only takes a minute to smile and give a pat or two!! Look at it this way, with guys it's always a "size" thing

1 - 16 of 16 Posts