Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
needed. I got samples of Isle of Dogs at the Expo and like the way the fluffies came out so I'm thinking of carrying their line. Any feedback negative or positive before I order? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
i've used a few of their products and honestly, it's another one I spent a FORTUNE on and is sitting in the back of my cupboard. Which means - don't really like, LOL

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
I received a sample from the company several years ago (maybe they have since changed their formula) but I didn't care for it.

I still like Pet Silk (I know many don't like it since the new formula change, but I find it is still the same) and my own Biolage for Toby.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mel the heavy conditioner on Mia & KCee and light weight on Cody & Bella. The regular Primrose oil for the shampoo on all of them.

Stacy - I have a collection too in the black whole!!!!

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Well I bought some of the weight management and used it on Brandy as she was poofy..........guess I was hoping for a miracle and it didn't happen. I didn't really notice her hair anymore manageable or soft than I do when I use other products. AND that stuff isn't cheap either. I haven't used it on the other fluffs so don't know how their coats will react but I am with Stacy......it's in the black hole for now! I'm still using the coat handler and bless the beast!!!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I have not personally used it, so I can only speak from what I've heard from others...

I remember more negative reviews about it than positive. No one really seemed to be impressed with the product over any other they've tried. I'm sure some SM members will speak up about it. :)

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
On another note - I think I like the new CC shampoo and conditioner. It's only been used on Lucy and I can't really tell because Marina is the one who bathes and blow dries Lucy and she doesnt' quite have the hang of it yet BUT usually by the day 2, Lucy looks like cr*p again and it's now day 3 post bath and she still looks nice and white, and not really stringy. I have to bathe three dogs for a show this weekend so I'll use it tomorrow and see how it does on my two pups and Caddy.

I think IOD just doesn't work well on my maltese coats, I'm not trying to be negative about the product.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On another note - I think I like the new CC shampoo and conditioner. It's only been used on Lucy and I can't really tell because Marina is the one who bathes and blow dries Lucy and she doesnt' quite have the hang of it yet BUT usually by the day 2, Lucy looks like cr*p again and it's now day 3 post bath and she still looks nice and white, and not really stringy. I have to bathe three dogs for a show this weekend so I'll use it tomorrow and see how it does on my two pups and Caddy.

I think IOD just doesn't work well on my maltese coats, I'm not trying to be negative about the product.
No thanks I appreciate it. Lets see if anyone post that does like it. Mine are white, soft and smell great BUT that normally happens when I switch up shampoos & conditioners at first.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
I used to love the whitening shampoo and heavy management cond. Then I had a surplus of my other staple and didn't order it again for awhile. I have it again now and see some differences in the product itself as well as the results so they must have changed the formula. It's ok, but not as good as before so I won't be ordering again. I also have their NaturaLuxury shampoo and cond. mask. The shampoo doesn't lather well so it's hard to distribute, and the mask makes him poufy bc it's so softening. I think it would be better on those with short hair. However it was good to have on hand this winter with the dry hair from the heat, so it was a trade off. Oh and I have the EPO cond. mist and I do not like it because the smell is too strong.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I'm going to try the new CC shampoo this weekend, its nice to here you like it
I've now used it on two more of my dogs and I'm really thinking I like it. Caddy looks really good and so does Truffles. We have a show tomorrow so I have to give Emma a bath and marina is bathing Lucy so I'll have tried it on 4 dogs today.

I think I'm going to order the gallon.

The scent is pretty strong but it smells good.

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
I haven't tried Isle of Dogs largely due to some negative comments I have heard from people I have shown Maltese with. One of my friends, not only didn't like it, but spoke of it with active hatred. What I was told is that it is not ideal on Maltese coats.

·
Premium Member
12,783 Posts
I haven't tried Isle of Dogs largely due to some negative comments I have heard from people I have shown Maltese with. One of my friends, not only didn't like it, but spoke of it with active hatred. What I was told is that it is not ideal on Maltese coats.
Yes, i've heard being spoken about with more than avid dislike, but was trying not to be super negative about yet another product, LOL! And it was one that I WANTED to really like because I'd spent a lot on it. I didn't have an experience that warranted active hatred, but it's more like being underwhelmed by the results.

not the greatest pic but I looove how Caddy's coat feels after using the new CC stuff and I wasn't a huge fan of the Day to Day, etc. She's been bulldozing in this pic, so excuse the messy topknot.

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
The CC Day to Day line and Afterbath is my (now only) staple, and since the IOD wasn't working as well anymore I needed more CC since I was out. I got the new Spectrum 10 to try out too. I'm glad to hear it's working out for you Stacy, but nervous too since you didn't like the Day to Day - and wondering if we have opposite coats! I ordered it from Cherrybrook since they had a sale on it and I needed something else from them, and I asked if I could return it if it didn't work and they said yes, so at least that's good. Next week is bath week so we shall see!

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Yes, i've heard being spoken about with more than avid dislike, but was trying not to be super negative about yet another product, LOL! And it was one that I WANTED to really like because I'd spent a lot on it. I didn't have an experience that warranted active hatred, but it's more like being underwhelmed by the results.

not the greatest pic but I looove how Caddy's coat feels after using the new CC stuff and I wasn't a huge fan of the Day to Day, etc. She's been bulldozing in this pic, so excuse the messy topknot.
Look at how glossy and silky her coat looks. Lovely, Stacy. I might have to try that new CC stuff, too. But I am going to give you a few more baths to see if you are still liking those results. :blush:

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
I really like some of the Isle of Dogs products but their fragrances are way too strong for and even offensive to me. Karli sleeps at my head and neck and I prefer to use products that are lightly scented or fragrance free. I've read IOD reviews on a groomer forum and some groomers say they LOVE the fragrance, so I suppose it's personal preference.

My sister-in-law is a groomer who uses Isle of Dogs and I'll ask her what she likes for malts. I'll probably see her this weekend. This SIL gives me samples of IOD from time-to-time and so far my favorites have been:

Evening Primrose Oil Shampoo and Veterinary Grade Evening Primrose Oil Shampoo. My only complaint about these is the strong fragrance. For some reason they smell like laundry detergent to me.

Light Management Conditioner. I don't use this condioner when I'm in a hurry because at the end of drying Karli, it seems like there's a little oily residue on her coat, but it then after a few hours this residue dries out and her coat looks great. Again, the fragrance is really strong.

I used the White Coat Evening Primrose Oil Shampoo on Karli when she was a puppy and thought it was very drying. I haven't tried it since she has her adult coat.

I haven't tried any of the new IOD product lines like the Salon Elements but my SIL is trying them and I'll ask her this weekend what she thinks about them.

Joy

·
Premium Member
3,650 Posts
Last weekend I asked my groomer sister-in-law what she and her bather are using on Maltese and she said either:

*Isle of Dogs "Sit" with either the heavy or light management conditioner. (Depends on how the coat feels after shampooing.)

Isle of Dogs - sit (still)

*or the Les Pooch "Vitamin Enriched Shampoo". She said most of the time she didn't need to use a conditioner after using this one.

Les Poochs Fragrances - SHAMPOOS

Joy

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Last weekend I asked my groomer sister-in-law what she and her bather are using on Maltese and she said either:

*Isle of Dogs "Sit" with either the heavy or light management conditioner. (Depends on how the coat feels after shampooing.)

Isle of Dogs - sit (still)

*or the Les Pooch "Vitamin Enriched Shampoo". She said most of the time she didn't need to use a conditioner after using this one.

Les Poochs Fragrances - SHAMPOOS

Joy
Thanks Joy, I tried both the heavy and light conditioner. I am sensitive to smells (asthma & allergies) and I was fine. I just wanted to have more choices on my site and wanted feedback before ordering it. I already carry Les Pooch and like it a lot.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts