Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i feed dolce wellness .. the super5mix for puppies , and he eats it ,, but.. ive noticed he eats it but never ravishes his food as when i gv him some baby food or when i give him boiled chicken or treats .. do all fluffs eat their kibble slowly or is it that he just doesnt care much for it .. i have given him some turkey babyfood , some beef and he loves it , also when i first got him there were a couple of times where he had wet food n he devoured it , he never does that with the kibble , he will eat it but slowly ..

what do u think ?

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Liza, you could try mixing in a tiny bit of wet food in to his kibble. I used to give Bailey the Wellness Just for Puppies canned - just a teaspoon mixed in to his kibble, and he loved it. Now I rotate between a bunch of different canned foods, but the one that I like the most for mixing in with the kibble is Spots Stew. Because it has a gravy-like consistency, just one teaspoon will mix in really well and coat the kibble. Bailey loves it! :)

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks im going to try this !
Liza, you could try mixing in a tiny bit of wet food in to his kibble. I used to give Bailey the Wellness Just for Puppies canned - just a teaspoon mixed in to his kibble, and he loved it. Now I rotate between a bunch of different canned foods, but the one that I like the most for mixing in with the kibble is Spots Stew. Because it has a gravy-like consistency, just one teaspoon will mix in really well and coat the kibble. Bailey loves it! :)

·
Premium Member
17,463 Posts
How old is Bailey? I cut Kitzel down to 2 meals a day now that he is working toward 6 months of age. He eats anything in sight! I do give him goats or sheep's jougurt at lunch time---only a teaspoon! He is even trying to eat the plants in my house! LOL I am watching him carefully and thinking I might need to get rid of them for now. He knows what "no" means but can't seem to help himself. I have to isolate him now when he is "naughty." It hasn't worked so far but I am as stubborn as he is!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
Sandi, Bailey is close to ten months now (just a guess since he was a rescue so I don't know his age for sure). Your Kitzel sounds a lot like Bailey a couple of months back...he used to eat everything in sight as well!! Going on walks was a major challenge...he tried to eat EVERYTHING on the ground!! Thank goodness, he is slowly getting better about that as he gets older (we practice the "drop it" commant a lot!) So I'm sure little Kitzie will grow out of that soon too :)

Oh, and Bailey is on 2 meals a day too. 1/4 cup dry with 1 teaspoon wet in the AM, and same in the evening.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Unless there is something really yummy in her dish, she is pokey, distracted(look a leaf!) walks away with a bite comes back and does it again. When I first got her the only way she would eat anything was if my grand doggies were around.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts