Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm feeling a bit guilty. I have a cocker spaniel who is nearly 13 years old. He has been my baby for a long time. However, we chose Mason last year at this time and I have to admit that I definitely favor him. He's just a sweetie who loves to give kisses and Fletcher, the cocker spaniel, has never been a lover. Now I'm thinking maybe it's a good thing that I only had one son and not other children. :)

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
I'm feeling a bit guilty. I have a cocker spaniel who is nearly 13 years old. He has been my baby for a long time. However, we chose Mason last year at this time and I have to admit that I definitely favor him. He's just a sweetie who loves to give kisses and Fletcher, the cocker spaniel, has never been a lover. Now I'm thinking maybe it's a good thing that I only had one son and not other children. :)
In a way you remember me of me. I am glad I had only one child. If I would have had two, I would have been sooo afraid to favor one over the other, that I would have probably made both miserable. Those little white dogs have a way to steal our hearts. Before Alex, we had a lhasa, he was a nice dog but not as affectionate as Alex is.

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
It's so hard not to favour one over another. It's even harder not to feel guilty about it.Bitsy had a lot of fear issues when she came so I tend to love her up a little extra. Just something about her and all she's overcome.Maybe it's because she's older and I assume her time might be shoter.
Luckily they kinda choose different times to be affectionate or want to be held.So it helps some.
Rylee wants more attention when I'm at the computer. Emily wants to snuggle more when we first go to bed,she's glued to my armpit for about 2 hours then she moves down to the foot of the bed. Amber (cocker)will crawl under the binkies for most for the night,right by my hips ,just under where Emily will lady.
Sasha is the morning lovebug and she's the cuddle bug on the couch in the evenings.
They all get their morning kissies and belly rubs. In the afternoon I like to sit on the floor w/ them and they all take turns getting those lovin's.
Our cocker is such a love bug,she will lay on her back like ababy and give you those eyes....
When Amy got older,about 13 she was less lovey dovey,but I think it was her age.She did love to snuggle on the couch or lay behind my bum when I worked at the studio or on the computer,but wasn't one that liked being held.

They all love bye,bye though,I usually have 4 or 5 on my lap,as a passenger. If I drive ,they take turns pretty well.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Funny. I find myself picking up Bitsy more than I pick up Bianca, but again, I give Bianca more kisses than Bitsy. I don't think we actually love one more than the other. I think we love different aspects of their personalities more than the other. Bianca is a kisser-she'll kiss non-stop for hours if you let her. Bitsy on the other hand loves to be picked up and carried around...she'll give kisses for 10 seconds or so and then she's done. Bianca is much more of a cuddler than Bitsy so I cuddle more with Bianca than Bitsy. Bitsy loves to play fetch more than Bianca so I play more fetch with Bitsy than Bianca. I think we love them "Individually" and in different ways for different reasons.

I have two skin kids and I may favor my daughter more than my son on some days and on some others its vice versa. They have very different personalities - my daughter is girly-girl and my son is the high-achieving academic jock. I love them both, for different reasons.

·
Registered
10,369 Posts
I hold a very special place in my heart for the seniors.

I hold a very special place in my heart for the handicap.

I hold a very special place in my heart for the "uglies".

I hold a very special place in my heart for the cuties.

I love them all equally. I adore the differences in personality.
My Daisy was the best. She would not give a kiss to save her life.
She cracked me up. I would put cheese-whiz on my nose, just to
get a kiss. Then I would mess with her and say, "hahaha you kissed me".

I sure miss, and cry for, my Sammie, Daisy, Lulu, Bianca, and Henry,
on a daily basis. They were all different, but part of our crazy circle
at Casa del Caca. The differences still remain with my crew. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it. :wub:

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Because you recognize the fact that you favor one over the other is good. Make an effort to give Fletcher a few extra hugs....he will understand.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I hold a very special place in my heart for the seniors.

I hold a very special place in my heart for the handicap.

I hold a very special place in my heart for the "uglies".

I hold a very special place in my heart for the cuties.

I love them all equally. I adore the differences in personality.
My Daisy was the best. She would not give a kiss to save her life.
She cracked me up. I would put cheese-whiz on my nose, just to
get a kiss. Then I would mess with her and say, "hahaha you kissed me".

I sure miss, and cry for, my Sammie, Daisy, Lulu, Bianca, and Henry,
on a daily basis. They were all different, but part of our crazy circle
at Casa del Caca. The differences still remain with my crew. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love it. :wub:
Casa del Caca! :HistericalSmiley:Lol! Too funny!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I don't think we actually love one more than the other. I think we love different aspects of their personalities more than the other.
I think this is beautifully said by Leandra.
I agree.
Coco is very laid back, submissive, loves to give kisses.
And Paris can be more trying at times, in her quest to rule the world,
but she also gives so much back.
In that I am amazed and flattered by her powers of observation.
She is intrigued by any new object that I show her.
She even notices when we wear dif clothing.
She will require more work on my part, but more than worth it! :wub:

·
Premium Member
5,464 Posts
I think most people favour one dog over the other(s) - but you still love the all!

I admit that I favour Roxy over Amber and Milo - I don't know why, I just do.
She my middle dog, maybe its that she's the only rescue(Amber - BYB & Milo reputable show breeder).

Amber and Milo are so special aswell though!

Amber was my first ever pet! I got her when I was 11 after years of begging for a dog - she is such a special girl!

Milo is my "dream dog". I spend the most time with him - due to my parents only allowing Amber and Roxy into the utility and kitchen(as they shed so bad :() and also we have our show days together, he also sleeps in my room.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts