Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...I know it will be a good one that I can visit (with a friend where she will be a spoiled only child), but I will miss my little Gracie Face. She is such a sweet little bug - one of the two puppies born to the rescued BYB dog, Squeak (who is very happy in her new home now as well with a sister, a poodle mix)... Bye bye today Gracie (Havanese/Maltse) ... I'm going to miss you immensely around here :smcry: :smcry: :smcry:

And then there were two : Pip (the other byb rescue) and Daisy (the other pup) are left... it's getting quiet around here... :smcry:but will be a more manageable size herd for our family with all my Mom's health issues going on.

·
Premium Member
20,059 Posts
You are stronger than me....don't know if I could let a face like that go....:wub: is her personality as sweet as she looks?

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is truly breaking my heart because she IS sweet as she looks - just a precious little love bug. But trying to train 2 puppies and 2 rescue dogs at the same time was just way too much for us...we are sleep deprived, our house is total chaos and as I mentioned my Mom (who lives about 3 1/2 hours away) has been having a lot of health issues since last year and ongoing (and traveling with this zoo is just not possible). So we had to chose just 2 (would have been impossible for me, but my husband has a very strong bond with the puppy Daisy [who has a less pretty face...I think she looks like a Who from Whoville...homely cute lol]).

I don't know how Deb and the others who foster so much are able to do it...it's impossible not to get super attached, which makes letting them go to a new home, even knowing it is a great one, just beyond sad. I don't think I'm cut out for the foster end of rescue. Came way too close to be a flunky. If not for my Mom's condition, I probably would have opted to live in chaos.

Thank you so much for listening...today is super hard for me. xoxox

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
I would not be able to let her go either... she IS really sweet looking. You are really awesome for doing this. :heart:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
She looks so sweet. Just think how happy the new family is to get her. :)

·
Premium Member
1,471 Posts
How precious and cute is that face!! What a little beauty. It's good that she is going to a home that you can visit!! I am hoping to get into foster one day. I got have way more room though.

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Aw, goodbyes are always so hard, but we know that it's in her (and your) best interest. She's adorable, no doubt about that. :wub::wub::wub: I'm glad you found her a perfect home and that you'll be able to visit. With a face like that, and if her disposition is as sweet as you say, I'm sure you'll be visiting often. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
4,130 Posts
oh, what an adorable little face!!!:wub::wub:
i'm so glad you will be able to visit,
i know you will miss her, but she will miss you too!!!:heart:

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
That face, that adorable face....I know it is hard to let her go!! I get so attached to my babies~~~You are so kind and sweet to take care of these little ones until a forever Mommy is found....You deserve a lot of praise!!!:wub::wub::wub:

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
she is beautiful , it must be hard but u know she'll be going to a good home .

·
Premium Member
4,785 Posts
Love the time you had and know she will be happy!! Best of all you can visit.
You are doing a good thing and it is OK to miss her and to be sad.

Hugs,
Marsha

·
Registered
10,740 Posts
OMG what a gorgeous face,I couldn't do it either. My 2 rehomers were supposed to be fosters but I just couldn't part w/ them,after they'd been through so much.Worried it might not work out and they'd be moved again.

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
She's beautiful, what a cutie, but it's understandable having to let her go. Thankfully you can always visit her. (now I want her )

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
((((((Thank you guys so much)))))) today is just awful...can't stop crying inside and feel light headed...trying to act calm and normal around the doglets so I don't get them all upset is so hard today. I want Gracie to transition with no sadness...she is getting a wonderful new mommy. Thank you for helping me work through it... I'll probably have to break out my emergency airplane zanex to get me through going to Diane's so I don't cry in front of Gracie. Thank you for reminding me that it will be best for Gracie too...spoiled rotten as an only child...and for her new mommy Diane who is a widow living alone for the last 3 years since her bichon passed (she had her from 8 months to 13 1/2 years and loved her to pieces). Gracie will help heal her heart.

·
Banned
242 Posts
You are such a wonderful person to do this and Gracie is a lucky girl to have you in her life as you will still be able to visit her. I did yorkie rescue in late 70's to mid 80's. Please dont be blue because you are a true hero !

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Ohhhhh my goodness, she is seriously one of the CUTEST little babies I've ever seen!!! Her markings/coloring is beautiful...I love her! :wub::innocent:

I'm sure it's hard to let her go, but she will be SO spoiled in her new forever home. You deserve a pat on the back for helping her find that new home. :chili::aktion033:

·
Registered
Frankie & Kelsey. Tanner & Jamie at The Bridge
3,592 Posts
She's adorable, and you have helped her get to a new home and that's a very very good thing.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Just try to remember she is going to a great home and you will be able to visit. She is darling and it is hard to let them go. I always cry like a baby when mine get adopted, but I try to remember it makes room for another to be saved.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts