Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Several things have occured over the past few days that have really left me feeling bummed out...I hate it when that happens..one thing right after another...ya know? -_-

*There was an armed robbery across the street from my sister's work Sunday night at the VERY same time that she was getting in her car less than 100 yards away at 10:15 at night.

*Some friends from college just emailed me to tell us that they are getting a divorce. Little did anyone else know...they have not been getting along for over five years and she has been begging for a divorce for several years. They have a 2 year old daughter.

*We live in a VERY small/safe town. One of the young girls at the college was attacked in the parking lot the other night. (things like that NEVER happen here) She is ok, scratched/banged up...but fought hard to get away...he was going to rape her.

*Another 20 year old at the college died of a massive heart attack while playing basketball intramurals last night.

*The whole Terri Shiavo story is making me sad...after another day or so it is not going to matter who appeals and what the judge decides because she is going to starve to death while everyone fights over her life/death. (my husband and I are planning a trip to an attorney very soon!) I can't even imagine being in ANY of their places. I feel for everyone involved! But living like she has for 15 years is no quality life....

*There was another awful school shooting with 10 dead-which if we go by past history will lead to a string of more following it.

*There are some Nigerian oil workers going on strike that is going to cause the gas prices to hike AGAIN!

*I had one of those crazy (seemed so real) dreams that was more a nightmare and woke up in an ill mood because of it. Even though it was a dream, still hard to shake it out of my mind.

Sheesh!
I need some GOOD news!!!!!

Someone please tell me they feel this way sometimes too! I know these are things we can't help...and it could always be worse...but sheesh....spread them out or something...

·
Registered
894 Posts
The start of an old saying my Mom use to tell me "God never gives you more than he knows you can handle, I just wish he'd space it out a bit". I am so sorry you are having a bad day. I can understand your fear when you feel threatened. Unfortunately there are very few places anymore that are "safe". Sometimes I have days like this too....your not alone there!! I try to remind myself that when I have days like these I REALLY appreciate those days I deem "boring".....I am sending pleasant thoughts and good vibes your way today!!
Hug your fur baby tight!! They always make you feel better......

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
AWwwwwwwwww,so sorry you are down
Its so hard to be up when there are so many bad things happening aroud you.When Im down I try to think of all the good things the Lord has blessed me with and how lucky i am in sooo many ways!!!
Lots of loving from our fluffbutts helps alot me too!!!!! I can be soo down and come home and just love on my babies,they always make me smile!!! Keep your chin up girl and it'll pass soon !!! Hugs & smooches comeing your way!

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Awww, I get those bummy days too.
That is a lot of stuff going on. Sometimes it seems like things have to get bad before they can get better. At least you have your carefree lil' furbaby to greet you when you get home. It seems like those little babies don't have a worry in the world ( well maybe I guess, worried they wont get to have any of the good human food
); they always seem so happy :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by sheila2182@Mar 22 2005, 01:38 PM
Its so hard to be up when there are so many bad things happening aroud you.When Im down I try to think of all the good things the Lord has blessed me with and how lucky i am in sooo many ways!!!
Lots of loving from our fluffbutts helps alot  me too!!!!! I can be soo down and come home and just love on my babies,they always make me smile!!! Keep your chin up girl and it'll pass soon !!! Hugs & smooches comeing your way! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45376
[/QUOTE]

Thanks! I know all of that and am trying SO hard to shake it all, but am seriously considering a big crying fit and a nap!
My sister just told me almost the same thing as you...and it is what I would tell someone if they had presented it all to me...so why can't I get past it today?

Oh well, I will....eventually. I think I am gonna put away laundry and pop some popcorn and watch a disney movie with the kids.
That sounds light and fun.

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn+Mar 22 2005, 01:43 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-sheila2182
@Mar 22 2005, 01:38 PM
Lots of loving from our fluffbutts helps alot  me too!!!!! I can be soo down and come home and just love on my babies,they always make me smile!!! Keep your chin up girl and it'll pass soon !!! Hugs & smooches comeing your way! 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45376

Thanks! I know all of that and am trying SO hard to shake it all, but am seriously considering a big crying fit and a nap!
My sister just told me almost the same thing as you...and it is what I would tell someone if they had presented it all to me...so why can't I get past it today?

Oh well, I will....eventually. I think I am gonna put away laundry and pop some popcorn and watch a disney movie with the kids.
That sounds light and fun.

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45382
[/B][/QUOTE]

Go in your room..shut the door...and let it loose
THEN go pop your popcorn and watch your movie

·
Registered
939 Posts
awww you feel better somw things turn on a dime for the better
if you dont mind me asking why are you a hubby seeing a attorney soon?

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Denise&Chico@Mar 22 2005, 02:28 PM
awww you feel better somw things turn on a dime for the better 
  if you dont mind me asking why are you a hubby seeing a attorney soon?
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45405
[/QUOTE]

To make out a living will...well, to be honest, we don't have any kind of will.
He knows that I would not want to live like that (Terry Shaivo) for 15 years and have people fighiting over my life/death-but if you don't have an official document stating it, you can't do anything about it.
I also have very strong feelings about my funeral etc. that needs to be put into a formal document or I may come back and haunt someone!
Plus, we have never addressed the issue of who gets our skin kids if something were to happen to us.
As much as we hate to think about it-there are certain people who I WOULD NOT want to have them OR be in charge of the insurance money they would get either.

Anyway, some friends of mine had theirs drawn up a few months back, and it was MUCH cheaper than I expected. So we decided we didn't need to put it off any longer.

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
Good idea about the will. I hate to think about things like that, but at least you'll know what's going on later on. I hope your day is getting better!!! Think happy thoughts
It's hard to do when so many bad things are going on, but be happy about everything you have, and I'm so thankful your sister was not hurt in the robbery. Big sloppy kisses and hugs from Peanut

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by tlunn@Mar 22 2005, 02:50 PM
well, to be honest, we don't have any kind of will.
. So we decided we didn't need to put it off any longer.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45412
[/QUOTE]

Please get a will.... if something happened to your husband, depending on your state laws, you could end up sharing your money with your husband's family. I just remember my grandmother's 2nd husband died and had no will and she had to share everything with his sisters and brothers.... This is something that is a necessity, especially since you have children.

·
Registered
894 Posts
A will is a big total MUST. You never know what could happen. I had "left" my 3 skin kids to a family at my church because I felt they were to much for my parents to handle if something happened to me. The family, the Morningstars, use to tell me that they "prayed for me every day" because they didn't WANT my boys!! Must of worked, I'm still here and the boys are all grown up!! LOL

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by Sisses Momma@Mar 22 2005, 03:55 PM
The family, the Morningstars, use to tell me that they "prayed for me every day" because they didn't WANT my boys!! Must of worked, I'm still here and the boys are all grown up!! LOL
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=45439
[/QUOTE]

Glad to know their prayers worked!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I woke up on the same wave length as you today, I had one of those awful dreams in which you wake up crying actually sobbing at 4:00 in the morning. My pillow was soaking wet. I relived my mom's dying. At that was 35 years ago when I was 6 years old. So What is up with that-
sent me for a tailspin this morning. Then I rolled over and my Pudgster was curled up next to me with his head on my arm looking at me and Josie was right by my head licking my tears. How could I stay too upset with that kind of outpouring of love from my furkids.
Then I saw the shooting thing and my husband got out of the Coast Guard doing Counter-Narcotic work because I wanted him home and not in So. America, but now he is Security for a Public School and at times I ask myself-hmmmmmm which was safer......I just keep praying for his safety...

So I understand how some days it is hard to pull out of the dumps-but the popcorn and disney movie sounds good-watch The Incrdibles" it is sooooo funny....

Hoping tomorrow is a better day for you. Oh yeah and get to that attorney....we are planning on that also because we tell all our friends since we have no skin kids that whoever takes care of our furkids gets it all.
so there could be a battle for that job......

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I honestly believe there's nothing like real good cry to let out the bad stuff. I sure hope you feel better soon. I just HATE those days.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Awww. I hope you get happy quick! I'm SO SO SO SO Sorry you've been feeling crappy. Any thin mints left? or yummi drumsticks?
It'll be ok.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts