Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had an appt. w/a new (to us) vet in Vienna at 5:00 today to get a rabies shot for Kitzel so he could travel back to the US in a couple of weeks as international guidelines state a new shot every year---although he had the 3 yr shot last time around that is no where near expired. We ordered per telephone a special shot that he has had w/out incident---arrived on schedule & waited until we were in the "inner office" when I told the vet our situation. I told her I am happy to pay for the vaccine & I will abide by her wishes but would prefer that she put the stamps in the passport for Kitzel, date them & "toss" the vaccine! She, surprisingly, agreed w/us & was very accommodating!!!! I am sworn to secrecy! Now we can travel w/out any fear & he was so happy to leave w/out a shot! Sure I had to pay & glady did so! It doesn't hurt to ask. :thumbsup::wub:

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
Great that the vet was so accommodating. Sounds like she really understood where you were coming from and put the dog first. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

·
Super Moderator
9,645 Posts
That is great

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kitzi is 8 now & has pretty much had a rabies shot since he was born---he is showing signs of age w/his ever apparent limp, but he is a trooper! We could have done it w/out a lot of anxiety but I did not want to risk it if I didn't have to. Now w/Lisi it is a completely different story---another rabies or any kind of vaccine could end her life quickly---so I make sure that doesn't happen however I can. Sometimes in life we find "grace" and it is a beautiful thing!

·
Premium Member
24,012 Posts
Sandi - that's wonderful. The vet definitely put Kitzi at the center of her judgment. I had no idea you had to get the shot yearly to travel abroad. Kind of sucks since most people get the 3 year shot. Wish they'd keep up with the times and change that!

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sandi - that's wonderful. The vet definitely put Kitzi at the center of her judgment. I had no idea you had to get the shot yearly to travel abroad. Kind of sucks since most people get the 3 year shot. Wish they'd keep up with the times and change that!
She agreed that it is a crazy rule! Kitzi was so happy to get out of that office w/out any treatment---he jumped like a little mountain goat on the way home. :HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Finally a vet who listens, I know how worried you have been.
I hope your having a wonderful time Sandi, how is Lisi doing?
She has done just great (I have to protect them a bit from Marco as he can get a little rough). She has gone all over town in my arms & people everywhere think she is a puppy & want to touch her, pet her, hold her (I don't let them hold her). They usually think Kitzi is her "mom." :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
24,150 Posts
She has done just great (I have to protect them a bit from Marco as he can get a little rough). She has gone all over town in my arms & people everywhere think she is a puppy & want to touch her, pet her, hold her (I don't let them hold her). They usually think Kitzi is her "mom." :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

Kitzel :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: if he only knew:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
So glad all is well.
Ethan has a 4 lb yorkie he grew up with so he doesn't seem to care much about Maddie
Dementrus who is the same age as Ethan is another story, I have to continue to tell him not to hold Maddie, Chase her:w00t: or even pet her unless I am holding her. I make sure Lorin or I are holding Maddie when he's here. Boys:wub::HistericalSmiley:

·
Premium Member
17,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Kitzel :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley: if he only knew:HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:
So glad all is well.
Ethan has a 4 lb yorkie he grew up with so he doesn't seem to care much about Maddie
Dementrus who is the same age as Ethan is another story, I have to continue to tell him not to hold Maddie, Chase her:w00t: or even pet her unless I am holding her. I make sure Lorin or I are holding Maddie when he's here. Boys:wub::HistericalSmiley:
Dwight has had to be very forceful w/Marco about the pups & now it has become a point of contention---he seems to irritate them to get our attention. He gets plenty of attention but he is the only child, only grandchild & doesn't know much about sharing. Parents today do not discipline in the same way we did and I think there is too much "freedom & reasoning." It is probably good that I live a long way from my daughter! :HistericalSmiley::HistericalSmiley:

·
Registered
7,030 Posts
After spending some time with my granddaughter last week, I agree there are some benefits to not being too close. Parenting is not what it used to be.

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
Good for you! I love vets that will work with us...absolutely no need for another vaccine so soon!!! I couldn't be happier for you and Kitzel :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts