Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

They say she's already spayed, and she looks pretty good in her picture.

Here's a link to their petharbor page about her.

PetHarbor.com: Animal Shelter adopt a pet; dogs, cats, puppies, kittens! Humane Society, SPCA. Lost & Found.

She's also on petfinder.com (but I think the other site is kept up to date quicker.)

Adoptable Maltese: A349402: Petfinder

I haven't been to see her. That shelter is pretty good about giving nice adoptable dogs a chance. :)

If anyone in the area is interested in adopting, she may just be the girl for you. :)

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think she was just made available. I do haunt their website. :) She was listed as a stray a quite a while ago and then "disappeared" from the website and reappeared as adoptable.

People used to practically fight each other to get Maltese from this shelter. I might be able to go there tomorrow and put in my name as a last chance, though. I'm trying to stay available to foster a possible ower-surrender.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plans are in the works to get Lily out of the shelter and into AMA rescue very soon! :) We will let you know more as it happens. :)

There's a new,more festive picture of her today. :D

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There's a bit of a delay--a member of the public has expressed an interest in adopting Lily directly from the shelter, and a hold has been put on her so the other person can bring down their other dog to see if they get along (the shelter is requiring this).

The shelter is being very careful about who may adopt Lily. I hope that either that person will provide the very best kind of permanent home or there will be no unforseen snags in the plan that I pick her up on behalf of the AMA rescue program once the hold expires. It has been very hot here (108 today) so I would like to see her in a nice, cool, real home soon!

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We've got her. :) Will post more as we learn more about her. She's definitely sweet with me! :wub:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
I just now saw this post, but she sure does look like a sweet girl. She appears to be in pretty good shape from her pics, just needs a little TLC. I'm glad you've got her for now. :)

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
She needs some coat care, but I think we'll be able to save most of it. that seems to be about it.

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
She sure does act very sweet, too--I've been working on the mats in her coat, which I'm sure is not comfortable, and she just licks and licks my arms. :wub:

·
Premium Member
1,722 Posts
Thank-you so much for getting this girl. AMA is very happy to have you as a foster and know Lily will do well in your home. When you get a chance to get her cleaned up and the snarls out, would love to see new pictures.
What would we do without people like yourself that open their homes to these sweet dogs in need. Can't thank-you enough. Hugs,Edie

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you! :blush: It is so rewarding to know I am helping her on her path to a new life. even though her needs are far, far less than other dogs the AMA has rescued. :)

She's not quite ready for her closeup yet, but I will definitely post pictures of her before long! :)

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
:ThankYou:Thanks so much for getting her. (I just realized I don't know your name :blush:-- sorry but it isn't in your avatar). I know that everything happens for a reason and that she'll end up in a great home that was meant to be. Can't wait to see more of her and hear more about her. All you fosters are the best!!:wub:

·
Premium Member
2,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Lily has been brushed and brushed, and I think all the mats are gone! :D She still needs a good face wash, at least, and preferably a full bath and conditioning. But I thought I would share some pictures with you.

I've had her for 4 days now. The shelter was concerned about how she'd be with other dogs, so I took it slow.

This is what I saw a little while ago from where I was sitting at my computer. :biggrin:

And here you can see how long her legs are! She is very long and lean, too. :)

And viewed from above, with her cute and currently scruffy face.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Oh is she beautiful. :wub::wub: She's got that look that I just love. How sweet. She's tall and lean -- how big/small is she? Hard to tell in the pix. I just love it that she's making friends already. Thank you again so much for taking her in. I don't know...she looks like a keeper to me.B)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts