Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
7,405 Posts
Originally posted by saltymalty@Jul 9 2005, 07:01 AM
Spotty Poo, I am so sorry that things didn't work out for you.  I understand that you have given it your best effort.  Sometimes these things just don't work out.  Would you at all consider placing the pup in rescue?  Or at least working with a rescue group to assist in screening potential new owners?  One last suggestion, have you contacted her breeder?  As part of our contract, we had to agree that if we were ever to give up our dog, we must return her to the breeder.  Just make sure that your contract doesn't have a similar clause.  You don't need any more hassles.  Good luck to you.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=79748
[/QUOTE]

My contract also requires us to return either of our pups to the breeder if we can no longer keep them. Sorry it hasn't worked for you. I know a few people who are looking around for Maltese. Can you refresh my memory about her breeder?

· Registered
7,405 Posts
Spottypoo,
One of the people that I'm thinking about lives in Greensboro so she is pretty close to you. If you could tell me something about where Lizzie came from (type of breeder, etc) it would help me tell my friend. If you are uncomfortable posting that info here, then PM me. I have evacuated my home due to hurricane and am using dialup so am not online all the time.
Thanks

· Registered
7,405 Posts
Oh, I didn't even think to notice the weight. My friend is also looking for a puppy a bit smaller. I will let her know.

· Registered
7,405 Posts
I find it to be very nice to have 2 maltese puppies. They really do keep each other entertained and worn out. Both of mine are now a year old and have settled down quite a bit, but I worry how it'll be for Sadie when she goes off to live with my daughter. We're already thinking that we may have to share the pair. Going to a home with another maltese, and one that is young enough not to be territorial, might be a wonderful situation for all.

· Registered
7,405 Posts
Your price doesn't look out of line for other maltese that are being offered for sale in your paper. Maybe this just isn't a time of the year that people are looking to buy dogs - you know - summer vacation, getting kids back to school and college, etc. I hope that Lizzie finds a forever home really soon.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.