Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
81 Posts
Ok, we have one little guy and he is pad trained and we like that idea and we were looking into the possibility of getting him a buddy in the near future....

Does she sleep in a crate at night...does she sleep through the night

if we wanted to look into this more deeply we would either have to travel to NC or have her shipped....

· Registered
81 Posts
Our little guy sleeps through the night in a crate, he is not able to get comfortable on the bed either...we think eventually he will have his own bed on the side of ours and he will sleep there. During the day we work so he is in his crate. He is not ready to have the entire house to himself yet, he is still having accidents and he was ripping his pad. We were considering a partner for him and yes maybe he would be able to teach the other Malt to go to the pad, we are trying a wizdog for him next....
I understand from past postings that you are feeling that you little one is high energy. Have you had a problem keeping up with her and does she have a calmer side and playful or are you having issues with her?

I know I have a lot of questions, but this is something we were considering and I want to make sure it would be the right environment for her and for our Oscar

· Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom+Jul 11 2005, 10:09 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Ant Nay
@Jul 11 2005, 11:02 AM
Ok, we have one little guy and he is pad trained and we like that idea and we were looking into the possibility of getting him a buddy in the near future....

Does she sleep in a crate at night...does she sleep through the night

if we wanted to look into this more deeply we would either have to travel to NC or have her shipped....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80330
Oh, I think she'd love to be in a home with another Malt since she is so high energy. I bet she could be trained to the pad, especially if she sees him using it...

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80333
[/B][/QUOTE]

Hi

Yes we were thinking the same thing abotu the two together, like I said our guy is not there yet to be left alone in the house, but maybe they can teach each other, we would want her to go on a pad also...just makes it easier for us is all....we are seriously considering it..thanks for the input I appreciate it

· Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Jul 11 2005, 11:06 AM
One thing that I think would help in Lizzie's adjustment wherever she ends up and that is to have her crate, nuzzle nest, playpen, etc. in her new home. I think she would feel quite safe having her familiar items around her. Perhaps she could sleep as she does now in the pen with the nuzzle nest.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80343
[/QUOTE]

The crate is more for his safey at night and so he holds it all night which he is doing great with. Question what exactly is a Nuzzle Nest?

· Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by SpottyPoo@Jul 11 2005, 12:27 PM
All of Lizzie's belongs will be going with her. That includes about a zillion toys, her nuzzle nest, etc. In fact, I just bought her another bag of Greenies today because she finished off the last one over the weekend. It felt weird buying something for a dog I'm trying to sell, but they keep her entertained.

And Lizzie is just a typical Maltese. I just can't keep up with her energy. Nothing is wrong with her. She does not have any behavioral issues -- she's just a high energy little spirit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80364
[/QUOTE]

My wife and I will speak about it more and get back to you...like I said we are seriously looking into getting Oscar a buddy....what is a nuzzle nest?...I am not sure maybe I have seen one and do not know what it is....

That is good to know all of her things come with her, and that she has all her shots and papers...Oscar is 4 months old and we would liekt o get him a puppy close to his age...

· Registered
81 Posts
Originally posted by Lexi's Mom+Jul 11 2005, 02:07 PM-->
Originally posted by Ant [email protected] 11 2005, 01:43 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-SpottyPoo
@Jul 11 2005, 12:27 PM
All of Lizzie's belongs will be going with her. That includes about a zillion toys, her nuzzle nest, etc. In fact, I just bought her another bag of Greenies today because she finished off the last one over the weekend. It felt weird buying something for a dog I'm trying to sell, but they keep her entertained.

And Lizzie is just a typical Maltese. I just can't keep up with her energy. Nothing is wrong with her. She does not have any behavioral issues -- she's just a high energy little spirit.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80364

My wife and I will speak about it more and get back to you...like I said we are seriously looking into getting Oscar a buddy....what is a nuzzle nest?...I am not sure maybe I have seen one and do not know what it is....

That is good to know all of her things come with her, and that she has all her shots and papers...Oscar is 4 months old and we would liekt o get him a puppy close to his age...

Oh ok, that is somehting we want to get for our little guy as soon as we can trust he will stay there all night...he loves his crate right now....thanks

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80388

[/QUOTE]
I did a google search for Nuzzle Nest and found this:

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80392
[/B][/QUOTE]

· Registered
81 Posts
Hi Spottypoo

I wanted to see how things were going with finding your malt a new home.
I had inquired about her the other day and she seems like a great dog (but I forgot to ask you about her weight/size and info on her parents) , we live in NJ and you are unwilling to ship her...which I can understand your feelings on shipping her and I would not ask you to do anything you are not comfortable with.

To drive down to NC would be more time than we would have available in the next month or so. The cost of flying to NC to get her plus your fee for her does not seem feasible, so I feel we would not be able to move forward at this point. I just wanted to let you know our thoughts and where we were at this point.

I wish you all the luck in finding her a home, and if anything changes on your end feel free to contact us.

Have a great day and best of luck
A & N

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.