Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a little while back I read something about dogs not being able to "see" TV and that they only see shapes.
Well...maybe Mister Fergie watched too much Animal Planet while he was a puppy, but he's OBSESSED with watching animals on TV. He definitely can see them on the TV. He gets really excited, barks and jumps at the TV. He even likes cartoon dogs (and we're not even sure how he knows that cartoon dogs ARE supposed to be dogs). He loves all those flea and tick commercials too. He especially likes white fluffy dogs or polar bears (maybe they remind him of his mom and litter mates?)
PS Don’t mind his messy hair- he’d just woken up!

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
Thanks for sharing that video with us! I loved it...my two pups also watch TV sometimes. London's first "TV-watching" experience was seeing the movie Bolt (Disney) and she loved the white dog in it! lol She also likes 101 Dalmations and put her paws up on the TV stand during the twilight bark part.

Preston HATES seeing people's faces up close on the TV...if they are bad guys, he growls at them! lol I guess he sees their mean facial expression. He also for some reason growls at people if they walk down a hallway in a movie...weird.

I don't know how much the dogs process while watching, but they can definitely see what's on the TV.

·
Registered
3,790 Posts
So cute! Aolani loves to watch Animal Planet in the morning with me and I know he follows it becuase I can see him sometimes moving his head to follow the object on the screen. He loves Youtube videos too. I sometimes search for maltese videos and he watches them with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts