Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fill up your gas tanks tonight!! They are saying that gas prices are going to go up like 20-30 cents tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Thanks we filled up Sunday because we thought it would go up, I think it is up to around $2.80 a gallon here in Illinois at the moment. Our tank holds 64 gallons and to fill up these days is very painful indeed.

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't checked what the prices are today (still a little too early) but yesterday regular unleaded was between $2.49-2.59.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Hubby and I went out around 11pm last night to fill up. thanks to your message! We are keeping our fingers crossed for the prices NOT to overly inflate...

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
filled up today at 2.29 for regular

·
Registered
942 Posts
Well, I haven't been out of my house today...yet...but last night, regular was $2.79, then $2.89, and $2.99 - $3.09 for premium. I get so angry when I talk about this gas issue...I had nother thread on it before, where I predicted $3.00 per gallon!!! It will probably end up being $4.00.
I know atleast one person getting rich from this gas scheme...oh yes, never talk about politics or religion!!! Never mind
!

~Elegant

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Aug 30 2005, 03:44 PM
I filled up and it was $2.75 for the super premium. 

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95463
[/QUOTE]

Gee Joe you are very lucky it is that price there, ours is very high here, but spare a thought for the poor Aussies who are paying something like $1.30 per litre which when converted to the gallon is $5.90 per gallon. :eek: When we converted to Metric in Australia gas became available by the liter instead of gallons.
The United States is still relatively cheap in comparison so far.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
We filled both vehicles up Monday morning for $2.38. Today it had gone up to $2.59. A 21 cent increase overnight!
(for regular unleaded)

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
K/C's mom, I paid more than you for the regular It was about $60. :new_Eyecrazy: My car's almost empty and I will have to buy gas tomorrow before work
So much for saving up for my vacation next month

·
Registered
6,614 Posts
Is it just me or does it depend on the BRAND of gas....??
It seems as though the Exxon's around me raised their prices 20 cents and the other ones are 20 cents less... ummm....
BTW... the same place I listed yesterday... the gas was $2.79 for super on monday, tues $2.89... and today... $2.99 -_-

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They just announced that the white house is releasing some oil from the reserve so hopefully that will helpe to lower the gas prices.

I was planning on going to the AMA dog show the weekend of Sept 9th but now I'm rethinking if I should go. I just don't know.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
We went from around $2.55 to $2.89 now. I am planning on taking the kids to water country Friday one last time before it closes for the season. Gas is outrageous, I hate to think how much I will use Friday.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Here in Miami Beach I paid $2.99 for regular today... I tried to go to this cheaper place that was $2.77 but they were OUT of gas... sigh. I could fuel my car with MILK for cheaper!!

·
Registered
5,656 Posts
Originally posted by cindysilver@Aug 31 2005, 11:27 AM
I could fuel my car with MILK for cheaper!!

<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=95717
[/QUOTE]
Your thought reminded me of an e-mail I got a few years back...

You think a gallon of gas is expensive????????

Diet Snapple 16 oz. $1.29 $10.32 per gallon
Gatorade 20 oz. $1.59 $10.17 per gallon
Ocean Spray 16 oz. $1.25 $10.00 per gallon
Brake Fluid 12 oz. $3.15 $33.60 per gallon
Vick's Nyquil 6 oz. $8.35 $178.13 per gallon
Pepto Bismal 4 oz. $3.85 $123.20 per gallon
Whiteout 7 oz. $1.39 $25.42 per gallon
Scope 1.5 oz. $.99 $84.48 per gallon

And this is the real kicker ....

Evian Water 9 oz. for $1.49 $21.19 per gallon, for water and
the buyers don't even know the source!

So, the next time you are at the pump, be glad your car does'nt run on
Scope, Whiteout, or worse yet, Pepto Bismal or Nyquil ! !
Hope this will ease the pain of your next trip to the pump ! !

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.