Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had to post because I'm so happy that I finally found Casper a "good" vet. He's had all his shots at the vet we take our other dogs to, I just kind of got a feeling that I didn't want him neutered there. The vets just didn't seem to like him. I don't know how they couldn't!

Our Basset hound had to have surgery to remove many non-cancerous tumors (she still has almost 100 more!
). We had to take her over 2 hours away for this and the vet is perfect! He just seems to really love the animals more than the vet that gave Casper his shots. It's way out in the country, but really nice. Casper is getting neutered in another month and a half and I am just so glad that I found a good vet!!! :D

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Oh me! Our bassett has non-cancerous tumors!!!
We had some removed about a year ago, quite a few popped up. Then every so often she has some more, but they are really small. They seem to sorda come and go, it is really weird. What did your vet say about them? We haven't had any more removed since the first time. The ones she has are small, and our vet did the tests on them, and said there was nothing wrong, just little tumors. I figure if they get big, or more of them like last time, we will have them all removed again. They don't seem to bother her.

·
Registered
205 Posts
These vets disliking small dogs must have some serious issues!! Why did they even become a vet if they only like certain dogs? So weird!!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i totally like my vet and his staff. (well, i dont like one of the receptionists)
lol. but my vet has adopted 7 small dogs (shih tzus, pomeranian, and mixes) and he has 5 large dogs. he brings all his small dogs to work (which made me want to be a vet) and his large dogs come every now and then to donate blood. and the way he handles are dogs. he gives them kisses and pets them and he doesnt act scared when gruffi barks at him (cuz gruffi gets scared). its really awesome. and he got professional pics of his dogs done---and puts them everywhere in the office, waiting room, and his ads in the newspapers. he seems really awesome.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, this turned out to be another bad vet. Really, really bad! I have a family member who lives in the town he practices in. Tons of people living there told me he was wonderful, they never would trust there dogs with another vet, etc. I also loved him!

Well, I found out today that he murdered his wife! :wacko: When I found out I was so shocked! He also deals with horses. Several horses were killed there by anestesia (spelling???). I guess Casper will not be getting neutered by him. I'm going to check out another vet tommorow.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
:eek: Wow, that's really scary, it's too bad this vet didn't work out for you. I'm just so surprised how hard it is to find a good vet.. my sister and I lucked out because we have a great vet for our guys. We'll be wishing you good luck on finding a new vet for Casper

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Nichole, maybe your tech friend's vet is related to "lovemaltese's" murdering vet! They sure seem like a pair of nuts.....scary to think helpless animals are being entrusted to those two.

I thank my stars every time Pico goes to our vet.....he has 3 Maltese of his own currently. And one of them even has the same MVD that Pico does and is 12 years old now. Talk about a good comfort level!

Well, it has taken me 8 years to find a good Gyn after mine retired, so don't give up LoveMaltese.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I can't believe that the vet murdered his wife. Thank God you didn't take your dog to get neutered there. My first vet was horrible. When I took in my first puppy Piccolina (which had all the signs of Parvo) he didn't even think of testing her for the Parvo so she died. Now with Bella, I found this great vet. He totally loves her and gives her kisses every time she goes to see him. Also, he explains everything in detail to me since he knows everything I went through with Piccolina. When Bella was in the hospital, the next morning she was released with the condition that she must see her vet, I took her to see him and he didn't charge me a penny. He said not to worry that I've had too many expenses with my dogs already. I thought that was so nice. He even left the catheter on for the IV and gave me an IV bag just in case she threw up again so I wouldn't have to take her to the hospital and expend another $500. He also knows that my sister is a Pediatrician so he knew that she can monitor Bella's IV. I don't think he would have given me all that stuff for me to monitor by myself. Needles to say, my sister took out the catheter that same day since Bella was eating fine and running around full or energy again.

It's hard to find a good vet and a lot of research goes into it. Good luck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts