Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I remember someone on here saying that they knew of someone that either found, or started, a small breed play group through CraigsList. ??

Aside from meeting up with total strangers, is there any other reason you wouldn't do this?

If you would want to do this, where would you look on CraigsList?

Thanks and HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
I thought I remember someone on here saying that they knew of someone that either found, or started, a small breed play group through CraigsList. ??

Aside from meeting up with total strangers, is there any other reason you wouldn't do this?

If you would want to do this, where would you look on CraigsList?

Thanks and HUGz! Jules
I was wondering the same thing...

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
I started out inviting a friend over with her small dog. That was 6 years ago....now there are so many people who want to come to our puppy parties we can hardly all fit in a picture!!! Life is good!

This isn't even the largest......I just liked this picture, LOL.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I started out inviting a friend over with her small dog. That was 6 years ago....now there are so many people who want to come to our puppy parties we can hardly all fit in a picture!!! Life is good!

This isn't even the largest......I just liked this picture, LOL.
Oh my goodness, this looks like such fun! Is this pre-Ava or is that her in the back with the other lady..? Man, I wish I lived closer to you!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Great picture Pat! That's the best way to start...through a friend. I would NOT use craigslist! You don't know who's coming over to your house.

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Great picture Pat! That's the best way to start...through a friend. I would NOT use craigslist! You don't know who's coming over to your house.
I agree. I've heard some very weird Craig's list stories. We have an NYC Meet up.com group and it's great.

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i have a maltese meetup group through meetup.com for my area
I did a search on meetup.com for Maltese and came up with nothing. I searched 50 miles out, although I doubt I'd go that far.

I also looked up small breed groups, but there is absolutely nothing when I did a search. Closest places were in LA and other far out places.

Maybe I'll call my friend Carol and see if she knows of any other small dog owners. I just don't know anybody else out here. :blush:

HUGz! Jules

·
Premium Member
1,557 Posts
I did a search on meetup.com for Maltese and came up with nothing. I searched 50 miles out, although I doubt I'd go that far.

I also looked up small breed groups, but there is absolutely nothing when I did a search. Closest places were in LA and other far out places.

Maybe I'll call my friend Carol and see if she knows of any other small dog owners. I just don't know anybody else out here. :blush:

HUGz! Jules
Hi Jules
We just returned from out of country and, like you, looked on the meetup site for a small breed group nearby...I know I live in OC and it might be a drive, but we can perhaps meet in the middle...

I can take the 261 and get off near the 91 and Weir Canyon, but from there is the question of where to meet...

I'll also calendar a meet-up at our office in Tustin (off of the 55 frwy), as soon as I can snap out of this jet-lag :huh:

The other option would be for us to co-host a NEW Meet-up group for the OC and Inland Empire and see where it leads us...safer then craigslist...

lmk!
Hedy

·
Registered
847 Posts

HUGz! Jules
You may also want to ask your vet, who might be able to refer you to other owners of small dogs who might be interested. Maybe your vet would even let you post a flyer looking for people who might want to partake.

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
Oh my goodness, this looks like such fun! Is this pre-Ava or is that her in the back with the other lady..? Man, I wish I lived closer to you!
It was pre-Ava. This was taken December 2008 and I got Ava in March of 2009. The small malt you see in the back of the picture is Tiara....she and Ava are only like a week apart in age and they are really good friends!!

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The other option would be for us to co-host a NEW Meet-up group for the OC and Inland Empire and see where it leads us...safer then craigslist...
Hedy, I actually looked into that earlier. My problem is that they charge $12 a month (I know, not a lot), but that is a lot if nothing ever comes of it. And, I don't have an enclosed yard to have it here, so it's not like I could do a "Hey, let's have a lunch and play date here" sorta thing.

I'll keep looking into it and see if I can come up with anything.

I also have to go to the vets next week, so I'll ask them.

HUGz! Jules

·
Registered
389 Posts
I've never heard of meeetup.com so I tried it out and found a group two miles from my house. Preston's going to have lots of new friends. Thanks for the info!

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
Pat's place is THE place for pup parties.
I must say that I agree from just looking at that picture.... wow looks like everyone has a blast when being there :D

I wonder if there is an extra space in that picture for Kat and her tiny two dogs for these kind of gathers, next time...

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've never heard of meeetup.com so I tried it out and found a group two miles from my house. Preston's going to have lots of new friends. Thanks for the info!
Cathy, where are you? What group?

HUGz! Jules

1 - 20 of 23 Posts