Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
at what age did you take your new puppy to the groomer?? Did he/she have all thier shots by then or not?

What about these Bordatella (sp) shots?? Some grooming places will not even take your puppy/dog if they did not have these shots. Do any of your babies have them? I asked my vet about it and she said that it was not a "ROUTINE" shot and would only give it to my puppy if I asked her to. Now I dont' know what to do. I have taken Chulita to the groomer once at PetSmart with no Bordatella shot. It was not a requirement at PetSmart. I hear they can catch things from other dogs at the goomers, puppy daycares, or boarding places if they dont' have this shot.

· Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Chulita is home for the most part. Not really in contact with other dogs....more so because it's getting cold out, I get home from work and have to start dinner right away. There are not many walks for her during the week. On the weekends I do take her out a few times a day to this spot in the apartment complex where I live...it's a huge piece of grass and there are no other dogs.

But I may have to consider this shot closer to the spring time when I will have her out ALOT more after work and will start taking her to the park. She has gone to the groomer once already.

One concern I have coming up is going to my best friends house for Thanksgiving Day next week. She has a BIG OL Rottwiler and just got a puppy BullMastiff who has gotten some shots. I WILL NOT leave Chulita home all day alone on Thanksgiving Day and I DO plan on bringing her with us. I already spoke to my best friend and she said no problem her Rottwiler will be outside once company arrives and she would keep her Puppy BullMastiff in his crate while we are there with Chulita :D Now do you think...even though BOTH dogs will be kept away she will be safe sniffing around on the floor and stuff. She can't catch anything from them that way??? CAN SHE?? ( I know it sounds like a dumb question) but again...I'm only a puppy owner for just 2 months now. It's good to know for this trip coming up and the future. Needless to say I'm sure me being Paranoid....LOL I will be holding on to Chulita for most of my visit. Which I'm SURE she won't mind. :lol:

1 - 2 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.