Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
  1. Here he is. He has a couple spots on his chest that are thinner than the rest of him but no one but us sees him anyways. I didnt know what to do with the face area so I just left it and I need to get the hair on the bottom of his feet but that's for another day. At least he isn't so shaggy now. He was really good! Remember, this was my very first try and the clippers are just cheap ones. His hair isn't as choppy looking as the picture makes it look. I think it's the lighting in the room. It looks better in real.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Good for you Kathy. . . . so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good for you Kathy. . . . so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Sandi. I wish he looked better but it sure made me realize how much I appreciate my groomer!!!! I don't know how to do his face and head. Right now his head looks too big for his body. 😕

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I agree w/Orla---they don't have to be perfect. Good is good enough. I always remind Dwt how much money I am saving him & how much stress I am saving my two by self-grooming. I go to the groomer once (max twice) a year & ok, she does a much better job than I do---but that is her profession & I am ok w/that. Keep it up & you will soon be so confident!

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
I also do not do everything on one day---it is too stressful both for pups & for me. It takes a good week to wash, dry, groom & cut nails so I just plan on that w/two.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
Kathy, I am so proud of you! You conquered your fears and did an amazing job! I am also glad to read Piper was so cooperative - Great team work. Big hug coming your way! 🐶 🐾 🌺

I also join in on not doing all of Abellas grooming in one day. It makes it so much easier on her and me to stretch it out over a couple days.

·
Registered
5,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How do I cut his face hair. I don't know what to use or how to do it. His head looks big.

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
It depends on what you want. I cut Kitzi's side up to the ear at an angle---getting shorter as I get to the ear & sort of squared off at the bottom. Then I gather the hair at the bottom of the chin & cut it short & round out the muzzle. I just sort of snip at it until I like how it looks---leave it for a while & come back to "fix" any mistakes. I like his a bit shorter as he gets food in his beard when he eats! I sometimes use the large clipper on his face & finish w/scissors & a blending scissor.

·
Registered
46 Posts
He looks good to me. I did my first one on Kobe bc the groomer aid he had to have his shots before she could take him. He was disappearing in all his hair. Then with all this Covid-19 I’ve just been trimming him up here and there. I can’t wait to get him done professionally.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts