Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, for the first time ever (since we rescued her about 16 months ago) Queso rolled over and let me rub her belly! Such an exciting milestone and I couldn't wait to share it with you all. She's a former puppy mill momma, and we adopted her in December 2008 as a sweet six year old, very cautious and self-protective. She's a very independent girl and not often affectionate, so this really made my day! I grabbed the camera with my other hand to capture the magic! :wub:

·
Registered
5,880 Posts
That is so heartwarming! What a wonderful milestone she's hit. :) I'm sure as the years go by she will amaze you even more.

·
Registered
936 Posts
That is totally awesome! :wub::wub::wub:

And it definitely IS a milestone... she is showing that she has confidence in you now, not to mention real affection! B)

Queso is obviously a very lucky dog to have you for her forever mommy!

·
Premium Member
6,469 Posts
I am so excited and so happy for you!!! Queso is such a sweetheart and having a rescue of my own, I know this is a HUGE milestone. I can only imagine how excited you must be to know she loves you that much and is able to now show it. :wub:

·
Registered
10,733 Posts
Today, for the first time ever (since we rescued her about 16 months ago) Queso rolled over and let me rub her belly! Such an exciting milestone and I couldn't wait to share it with you all. She's a former puppy mill momma, and we adopted her in December 2008 as a sweet six year old, very cautious and self-protective. She's a very independent girl and not often affectionate, so this really made my day! I grabbed the camera with my other hand to capture the magic! :wub:

I'm so happy for you!!:chili:
I took in Bitsy and she was so mistrusting and snippy and growly,I wasn't sure I could trust her. She too was a breeding dog,not a pet. All she knew was having puppies,very little people interaction,what little there was must not have been positive.

Took her almost 5 months to let me put her on her back or to let me rub her belly. I had to work w/ her daily and hand feed her to gain her trust.Like JMM said their need for food will overcome their fear and eventually they'll associate you w/ good touch,not bad.
I've heard turning their belly to you is a sign of trust,so let's hope that's the case and more good days of love will be coming.

Took almost 5 months to break through Bitsy's issues,it felt good to know that she felt like she was home and was loved. She looks like such a sweetie....
I'm happy for you,truly,I know how good it feels to give them that first belly rub,it's real break through!:aktion033:

1 - 20 of 38 Posts