Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hate to start this way, but need advice.

Last month lost my two boys within a week of each other. I am destroyed.

My Sasha and Nikko were a love of a life. I am so distraught, I feel if I don't get another dog as soon as I can, I will never be good. However, I think I should get a girl because no one should be compared to my boys. Also, am I disrespecting my boys.

However, never had a girl, I had three male Labs before my Maltese boys. I have lost dogs before, but never like this.

Thank you for any advice.

Vi
Tampa Bay Area - Florida

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
I’m so sorry about the loss of your two boys.
As for a boy or a girl, I’ve had both and love them both. That said, I’ve had a better connection with my girls. My boys were always aloof, and I never had the bond like I do with my girl dogs.
Anyway, IMO, you could do no wrong either way. Please share pix when you do decide and get one.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m so sorry about the loss of your two boys.
As for a boy or a girl, I’ve had both and love them both. That said, I’ve had a better connection with my girls. My boys were always aloof, and I never had the bond like I do with my girl dogs.
Anyway, IMO, you could do no wrong either way. Please share pix when you do decide and get one.

Hi Maddysmon,

Thank you so very much for your valuable incite. I haven't not had a dog in my life for over 30 years (all boys) and did not in my wildest imagination think Sasha would die a week after Nikko.

I have always had a puppy usually soon after I have lost a dog, which helps with grief and healing. Even thought I knew Nikko would probably die soon, because of his heart condition, didn't even think about looking for another dog, because I didn't want to disrupt Sasha's life.

However, in my crazy grief right after they died I contacted Theresa at TNT Maltese (she was breeder to both of my boys) and she said she had a little boy, but in my crazy grief I told her no, because of the boys. I guess I thought I would be disloyal to them, getting another boy so soon. Don't know what I was thinking, just in so much grief.

A week or so later I of course called her to ask if I could take the little one, she said he was already sold. Right now I would take boy or girl, I so miss taking care of my boys. They were everything.

Your advice is wonderful and I know if I am able to find a little girl I need not worry.

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
Awe, Vi...I’m so sorry TNT adopted that boy out. I look at things like that as if it wasn’t meant to be. Timing is everything and if something is forced, it’s not meant to happen.
When the time is right, you will love another lil fluff again.
In the meantime, I will keep you in mind if I hear of any reputable breeders that have a fluff available and will be sending positive prayers to you that when the time is right, you will find your puppy.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awe, Vi...I’m so sorry TNT adopted that boy out. I look at things like that as if it wasn’t meant to be. Timing is everything and if something is forced, it’s not meant to happen.
When the time is right, you will love another lil fluff again.
In the meantime, I will keep you in mind if I hear of any reputable breeders that have a fluff available and will be sending positive prayers to you that when the time is right, you will find your puppy.
Please let me know if you hear of a boy or girl, will be thrilled to take a girl after what you told me about girls. Boy or girl I would be thrilled with.

It is not Theresa's fault I was in crazy grief, and not thinking with any kind of brains.

By the way, love your picture with your girls on the steps, absolutely beautiful!!

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
Please let me know if you hear of a boy or girl, will be thrilled to take a girl after what you told me about girls. Boy or girl I would be thrilled with.

It is not Theresa's fault I was in crazy grief, and not thinking with any kind of brains.

By the way, love your picture with your girls on the steps, absolutely beautiful!!
I totally will. I often hear on FB when there is a litter and hopefully someone here might see your post and let you know 🙏🏻

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I totally will. I often hear on FB when there is a litter and hopefully someone here might see your post and let you know 🙏🏻
Thank you so much!!

This is the first social media form I have ever written on. :) Love computers, but love privacy, so only the love of my boys would have me join site. :)
Thank you for your patients with this still crazy grieving dog mom.

·
Premium Member
5,431 Posts
Vi...no better place to be a crazy, grieving dog lady than here. We are crazy dog people here, lol.

·
Premium Member
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Vi...no better place to be a crazy, grieving dog lady than here. We are crazy dog people here, lol.
Yes, thank the gods!! :) This is why this is the only place I have ever posted.
Always liked animals, especially dogs, better than most people. Sure most here would agree as well.
Thank you again for all your help and wonderful information!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts