Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH, me and the pups will be driving down to the Outer Banks in North Carolina this coming Saturday. This is our first time visiting the Outer Banks. We rented an oceanfront home in Corolla for a week with friends of ours and their family. I think there are 11 people total, my friend's baby and yorkie and B&E!!!!! I'm so excited to be able to bring them this year. I don't think we will be able to take our annual December trip this year since without naming names (our usual family dogsitters) already told us they won't be up to watching B&E (that's another subject which I'm totally frustrated about:angry:).

So being no winter vacay I'm glad we are able to go away now and bring the pups with us. :chili:This will be their first time on the beach. I got one of those baby sun domes that you put children in on the beach for B&E LOL. This way if it's not too hot and they want to be on the beach with us they will be out of the direct sun. Kinda funny that my friend's baby has a sun dome and my dogs have a matching one :HistericalSmiley:

Hope everyone has a good week. Good luck to everyone in the raffle too! I'm not sure if I'll have computer access at the house. I heard we do, and then I heard we don't. So I will try to check in using my iphone but it's hard to navigate SM from an iphone, imo. Got the camera packed....be prepared to see lots of pics of Benny and Emma's first vacation!!!!!! :aktion033:

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
Sounds wonderful!! Have a safe and happy trip. I know how you feel about your babysitters. Mine just moved away the same time as my groomer. I'm really in trouble!! LOL
xoxoxoxoxoxo

·
Premium Member
20,031 Posts
:chili:woohoo!! Tammy, how exciting that you can take them!!!!! :chili:

Can't wait to see the pics!!!!! Sounds like too much fun to me!!!

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Oh Tammy, you beach diva!!! How exciting!!! Have a wonderful time on vacation with B&E!!! I love going on trips with our babies!! I can't wait to see all your photos (esp of the sun dome, LOL) and hear the stories...Safe travels! xoxoxo

·
Premium Member
13,418 Posts
Enjoy, it sounds like fun! Maybe this will become be your new December holiday. Looking forward to the pics. Does Emma have a bikini??

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
You will love the Outer Banks! Beautiful beaches and an ocean that is actually warm enough to swim in!

Take lots of pictures!

·
Premium Member
8,623 Posts
Tammy, have a great time and a safe trip. I can't wait to see your pictures and see B&E on the beach. Take lots of them!

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
omg that sounds like so much fun !!! enjoy have fun !! n yes loads of pics pls!!!

·
Premium Member
24,019 Posts
Tammy - you are going to have the best time. :chili::chili:Nothing like a week at the beach. :Sunny Smile: Hope you have a safe trip, great weather, lots of fun and enjoy Benny and Emma and of course your wonderful DH. Tell B&E to lay off the margarita's and to be on their best behavior! We'll be anxiously awaiting pictures, though I better not show Tyler. He'll be jealous of his brother from another mother (and father :HistericalSmiley:) having all that fun. Are you taking any of those chill mats along or can you make some yourself? I think you said the house is right on the beach so they can be inside if it gets too hot. Before you go, I would just also get the name of a vet or ER clinic in the area so you have it just in case. JMO. You might even be able to get it via Chamber of Commerce. Enjoy :partytime:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Tammy -- hope you have a wonderful time. Can't wait to hear about B&E's vacay and see the pictures.

I'm bummed that you won't be able to go to the Carribean for your annual Christmas holiday. Hopefully something will change and you'll still be able to go.

I'm so happy that B&E can go with you this time. I'm sure they are happy too.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh Tammy, you beach diva!!! How exciting!!! Have a wonderful time on vacation with B&E!!! I love going on trips with our babies!! I can't wait to see all your photos (esp of the sun dome, LOL) and hear the stories...Safe travels! xoxoxo
I'm the NJ beach diva you are the NY beach diva LOL!!! Yes the sun dome will be quite hysterical!
Enjoy, it sounds like fun! Maybe this will become be your new December holiday. Looking forward to the pics. Does Emma have a bikini??
No bikini Bren. Remember...Emma is the ultimate tomboy :HistericalSmiley:
Tammy that sounds like a lot of fun. We love that area.
1st time visiting OBX. People love it there so I'm hoping we do too!
You will love the Outer Banks! Beautiful beaches and an ocean that is actually warm enough to swim in!

Take lots of pictures!
Thanks Marj! How's the weather in NC right now?
Tammy - you are going to have the best time. :chili::chili:Nothing like a week at the beach. :Sunny Smile: Hope you have a safe trip, great weather, lots of fun and enjoy Benny and Emma and of course your wonderful DH. Tell B&E to lay off the margarita's and to be on their best behavior! We'll be anxiously awaiting pictures, though I better not show Tyler. He'll be jealous of his brother from another mother (and father :HistericalSmiley:) having all that fun. Are you taking any of those chill mats along or can you make some yourself? I think you said the house is right on the beach so they can be inside if it gets too hot. Before you go, I would just also get the name of a vet or ER clinic in the area so you have it just in case. JMO. You might even be able to get it via Chamber of Commerce. Enjoy :partytime:
LOL SUE! Tell Tyler not to be jealous! He got to be on TV this year...way cooler than going to the beach!! :HistericalSmiley:The house is oceanfront so if they get hot I can put them back inside. I am going to look up a local vet today just in case. The people we are going down with go every year and they bring their yorkie so I believe they know of a vet but I'll look one up just in case!

Tammy -- hope you have a wonderful time. Can't wait to heard about B&E's vacay and see the pictures.

I'm bummed that you won't be able to go to the Carribean for your annual Christmas holiday. Hopefully something will change and you'll still be able to go.

I'm so happy that B&E can go with you this time. I'm sure they are happy too.
UGH LYNN! I"m bummed too. DH and I go to the Carribbean every December. I am hoping DH's family will change their mind and watch them otherwise I don't know how we will ever be able to travel other than driving somewhere. They have always said they aren't alot of work but all of a sudden they said they didn't want to watch them this year. I think it's b/c MIL's friend is scared of dogs and she won't visit my in laws if the dogs are there. They live 5 minutes away. I dont' understand why for one week she can't go to her friends house. I know I can't expect others to take care of B&E...but when they have done it every year for almost 4 years it's disappointing to find out that our yearly vacay plans have to change.

Enough venting.

So smiling and waving my arms in the air for the Outer Banks:aktion033:

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Have a fantastic time!!! I hope B&E enjoy the beach as much as
Alvin and Chloe. They love to run in the sand. I so excited for
you and little ones. Can't wait to see the pics.

·
Registered
5,653 Posts
tammy leave them with me :)
I'm the NJ beach diva you are the NY beach diva LOL!!! Yes the sun dome will be quite hysterical!

No bikini Bren. Remember...Emma is the ultimate tomboy :HistericalSmiley:

1st time visiting OBX. People love it there so I'm hoping we do too!

Thanks Marj! How's the weather in NC right now?

LOL SUE! Tell Tyler not to be jealous! He got to be on TV this year...way cooler than going to the beach!! :HistericalSmiley:The house is oceanfront so if they get hot I can put them back inside. I am going to look up a local vet today just in case. The people we are going down with go every year and they bring their yorkie so I believe they know of a vet but I'll look one up just in case!

UGH LYNN! I"m bummed too. DH and I go to the Carribbean every December. I am hoping DH's family will change their mind and watch them otherwise I don't know how we will ever be able to travel other than driving somewhere. They have always said they aren't alot of work but all of a sudden they said they didn't want to watch them this year. I think it's b/c MIL's friend is scared of dogs and she won't visit my in laws if the dogs are there. They live 5 minutes away. I dont' understand why for one week she can't go to her friends house. I know I can't expect others to take care of B&E...but when they have done it every year for almost 4 years it's disappointing to find out that our yearly vacay plans have to change.

Enough venting.

So smiling and waving my arms in the air for the Outer Banks:aktion033:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts