Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got the puppy last Saturday. He's 12 weeks old and his name is Noah. It was a nice 3 hr drive to Providence Forge Virginia. Nice place. The area was either poor or rich. You would see someone drive a car from the 80's or early 90's or you would see someone driving a BMW or something expensive. The breeder was very nice and she had a lovely home. She made a nursery just for puppies with cribs in it. She had 3 full grown Maltese, all females. All lovable and hyper but well tempered dogs. Unfortunately, all of them had a puppy cut. I was hoping to see one with long hair, but she said since all three had babies she gave them puppy cuts, because its easier to take care of them like that. We had 3 male puppies to choose from. One was really tiny and he was the most expensive but he was too timid for us. The other one was very lovable but very, very, hyper. Noah, was the talkative one of the group but the thing I like the most about him was when you picked him, no matter what, he would submit instantly and calm down. The breeder had all of her pups partially paper trained using hospital bed liners. He slept about 90% of the way home. Took him to the vet last Tuesday and she said he appeared to be very healthy. He goes back this Tuesday for a shot.

Week1

Noah gets along great with our other dog and cat, he is eating well, but doesn't like healthy dog food (imagine that) and he is doing very well with his potty training. He has made a few mistakes but between us trying to keep him on a schedule and him being on his own, he goes "piddle" (as my wife calls it) on the pad most of the time. We are going to actually litter train him. We are going to stick with the puppy pads instead of litter because It just seems easier to clean up with the pads.

He doesn't care for the kennel too much, but through the week he has gotten better. I think after time it will be no problem.

He likes to lick in your nose. "What's up with that?" He just sneaks it in there before you know what hits you. He's very lovable, loves to play, and has lots of puppy energy. We have been dragging him everywhere we go. My wife keeps him in a carrying bag when we go places. He loves it. During the car rides he just sleeps or he will lie still as we go along. He's been handful but very well worth it.

·
Registered
939 Posts
You are just discovering the joys of being a Malt daddy and mommy

Our Tiki loves to lick in our noses, ears, eyes! After a shower he just won't leave us alone; licking our legs and toes.

Sounds like all is going well and you had a great breeder.

Enjoy!

Judi

·
Registered
69 Posts
I know what you mean after a shower!

my Angel sits there waiting for me to get out so she can try and dry my legs.
she chases after me as I walk around the bedroom trying to lick my legs. It's not because she thirsty as she has bowls of water.

When I am watching TV she tries licking my toes all the time she's a real little sweetie.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sounds like it has to be a Malt trait...all the licking, Morgan does exactly the same things with an added bonus, he ADORES lotion! lol After a shower he is right there waiting for me to pull out the body lotion and he goes nuts for it, tried diff brands to discourage him, but he seems to like em all! lol
Riding in the car was not so good when we first got him as it really made him nervous not being able to see out of the window, so solved that by buying him a car seat, now all is right with the world for him, he loves going for rides and barking at everyone when we hit the red lights! lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts