Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been giving Lacey 2 capsules a day of a Fish oil capsule, been about a month now. Haven't noticed any change in her hair. She doesn't have bad hair but she does have a spot on her lower back that is a little courser than the rest of her. How long before I see any results or will I in her hair texture?

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
how does lacey like the taste? gruffi LOVES it.

well, i dont think the fish oil is supposed to change the texture of your dogs hair. i think its just supposed to put a little shine on it so that it makes it look healthier. it made dry skin go away on sprite. hopefully someone else can help you.
but the dry skin went away after 2 weeks with sprite.

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Fish oil is for skin health and can also help with allergies. It should help the skin not to appear flaky and have the appropriate oils as well as encouraging healthy hair growth. It won't change the feel of the coat.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
the regular fish oil capsules that I would eat would be okay for our dogs? Is there a mg dosage that is recommended versus other mg? Do I just break the capsule and drizzle the oil over his food? I love this idea because I take fish oil myself, and would love to share it with my lil guy!

More information would be so appreciated! thanx guys!

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Is the fish pill you give Lacey the size of a regular, oval gel pill? I stopped giving that to my babies b/c i was piercing the pill and putting it in their pill and their breath made me gag.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts