Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been giving Vanilla Nordic Natural Omega 369 fish oils. They are a children's formula. I give her one a day without a problem.
Well this evening I ran out so I gave her www.jamiesonlaboratories.com Vita-Vim Wild Salmon oil. I opened up the capsule and sprinkled it on her kibble. To my horror, one capsule contains 1,000mg of fish oil.:w00t::w00t::w00t: Is this dose too high? The Nordic one has only 194mg.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
My Vet gave us 300mg fish oil pills and said to only give half of that per day as the whole pill may upset her stomach because she's small. I just snip the ends off of the capsule and squirt a few drops (about half) on her food per day- so she only gets approximately 150mg per day (more or less).

How is Vanilla doing?

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
She had the 1,000mg last night and I thought for sure she was going to have an upset stomach during the night and I was very concerned. It's 10am right now and she seems fine. She has not pooped yet so we'll have to see.

·
Premium Member
2,673 Posts
Suggestion I give Baci the Nordic Naturals Cod Liver Oil for Pets its liquid and you give the amount by weight of dog...I was at times giving him human grade but was also afraid it was to much so i ordered the pets one and give it to him every day for the last 6 months with no problem..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts