• More than 60 mins.

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fitness 2006:

We talked about this earlier and discovered that most of us are timid about disclosing information about our current selves. So instead of actual figures, we'll just share with the group "goal information".

There are two sets of numbers that you will need to complete:

First is your stats

Second is the total stats for the members of the forum simply by adding your numbers to the rest to get the total. Let's see if we can aim to lose up to 500 lbs..... at 1,000 members, that's just 1/2 lb for the entire year. Not too unrealistic is it? The polls are just to keep a running count handy for everyone to see without having to read every single post.

Here goes:

My ideal weight loss for 2006: 40 lbs
My ideal loss of inches in waist: 4 inches

Group total: 40 lbs, 4 inches.

Now, in future posts, we need to share with each other things that we are eating, things we find out we can eat, things to stay away from, exercise ideas, just more less be a "support group" for one another. There will be no charge to participate other than your internet fee!!!!!! And if you're using a free internet resource, such as the library, just remember, you pay taxes!!!!

Good luck group.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Fitness 2006:

First is your stats.

Second is the total stats for the members of the forum simply by adding your numbers to the rest to get the total.

Here goes:

My ideal weight loss for 2006: 40 lbs
My ideal loss of inches in waist: 4 inches

Group total: 40 lbs, 4 inches.

Good luck group.[/B]
OK, I'll be brave...

Total 2006 weight loss goal: 30 lbs.
Total 2006 inches goal: 4 inches (or more)

Group total: 70 lbs, 8 inches

Maybe I'll be able to keep up with this unlike the online WW!!

·
Registered
776 Posts
(okay first I have to use a load of new smilies !!! :D
:eek: :lol:
Okay thanks for letting me do that! )

Goal weight loss: 15 pounds.
Goal inches loss: 3 inches.

Group total: 85 pounds, 11 inches.

GOOD LUCK FOLKS!! HARD WORK IS AHEAD!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
ok I hate math in the morning but here goes

Goal weight loss: 50
Goal inches loss: 4 or more

Group total 135 pounds and 15 inches

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
ok I hate math in the morning but here goes[/B]
Math...pooo!

Goal weight loss: 4 pounds
Goal inches loss: 1
(I know this may seem small but it isnt easy to do. I lost 20 pounds which was 3 inches, since I started back in April 2004 and there are 4 that wont go away, I want them off for good!)

Group total:139 pounds and 16 inches

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
OK - I started disability today and my goal is to work on getting Susan back...both physically as far as weight and fitness level. I was always thin my whole life and then they started with all this medicaiton stuff - I hope I can get some off. I also was always self motivated with excerzise but with the pain level I can't seem to lift the weights or walk my 3 miles a day....I am going to really try and work through this and just do it as they say.

It will be wonderful to have all you to help with hints and mental hurdles.

My goal is 50lbs
and inches is a total guess....are we just doing waist or the whole body. 5 inches????

Group total:249 pounds and 29 inches

·
Registered
195 Posts
Well, I thought I'd bump this to the top of the forum so we could see how everyone is doing. I've been on the South Beach Diet for the past three weeks and have lost 13.5#; 12.5# in the first two weeks. I've been a bad girl the last 3-4 days eating some (but not many) unapproved carbs (potatoes, white bread) so I probably could've lost a little more if I didn't get lazy
. I just spent the last couple of hours cooking food for most of the week (Marinated Steak, Oven Fried Chicken, Chicken and Veggie Chowder, South Beach Meatloaf, and some veggie side dishes)
. Now all I gotta do is start exercising...
I used to have the Beachbody Power 90 DVDs which were great but I managed to break the DVD in half, so I think I'm going to order the Beachbody TurboJam series and see how I like those. I do have a treadmill, elliptical machine and a stepper (as well as a weight set that is buried in our spare room under all of DH's tools and other paraphenalia) that are just gathering dust. Hmmm...it might be a good idea to put those to use too, huh?!?

My goal weight is 120# (down from an...ahem...162.5#). Man, it's gonna take a while to get there. I was looking at a BMI chart and I could actually go down as low at 108# (pre-[first]pregnancy wt) and only 3# more than when I graduated from high school, but I don't think there'd be much of me left at that point!! I might just disappear into nothingness if I decided to go down that low!! LOL!!

I forgot to take measurements when we first posted, so I'll be sure to take them today so that I can report on it later. Good Luck All!

·
Premium Member
8,543 Posts
My goal is : no goal at all.
I have decided years ago not to go on another diet. I have done many diets during my lifetime. Lost a lot of weight and then after 2-3 years gained all back and some more. My believe is that if I would not have gone on diets ever, I would not be at the weight I am today. I might be overweight, but not to the extend of today.
Now that I have managed to stay on the same weight for many years, I am not going to go back to yo yo dieting and end up at the end with more weight then today.
As for exercise, I am doing yoga once or twice a week.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I started 2 weeks ago with the "Shaping up with weights for Dummies" video but didn't really get into it regularly until last week. This week I will start with 30 minutes of treadmill after the 40 minutes of working with the weights. Once I reach my goal, I plan to set another one but for now:

Goal: 10 lbs.
Inches: 2

GROUP TOTAL: 259 lbs
GROUP INCHES: 31

·
Registered
228 Posts
I am feeling a little discouraged. My husband and I joined a kickboxing class 6 weeks ago and I have been going 4 or 5 times a week for an hour each time and it is HARD work!! The class we've joined is featured on TV sometimes and says you can burn up to 700 calories per hour of exercise.

I also have a sugar/ sweet addiction
- not chocolate, cookies or cake, but sweets like skittles, nerds or pretty much anything else. I used to eat at least a pack a day. When we started the exercise I totally stopped eating sweets and haven't had a single skittle for 6 weeks.

I definitely feel much fitter (I can do a bunch of push ups now!!) and think I am toning up a fair bit, but I am making NO progress with weight loss! Now losing weight isn't my main aim - I want to look and feel better which I think I am starting to already, but WHY am I not losing any lbs??? It's starting to seem very unfair!

My weight loss goal is through exercise and portion control - no diets!

GOAL: 15lbs
INCHES: 2

GROUP TOTAL: 274 LBS
GROUP INCHES: 33

·
Registered
219 Posts
I just had my fourth baby in October....the weight always came off-no effort required! However, now that I'm eeeking up to 40, my metabolism has taken on a limp....

My weight loss goal-15 pounds
My inches-2

Group total:289 pounds
inches:35

·
Registered
195 Posts
I definitely feel much fitter (I can do a bunch of push ups now!!) and think I am toning up a fair bit, but I am making NO progress with weight loss! Now losing weight isn't my main aim - I want to look and feel better which I think I am starting to already, but WHY am I not losing any lbs??? It's starting to seem very unfair!
[/B]
While burning calories, you're also building muscle...thus the toning up, which most likely may be the reason for no weight loss.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.