Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

FLEA AND TIC MEDICATION

1416 Views 17 Replies 17 Participants Last post by  JAKIEP33
<span style="font-family:Times">My vet told me to start using a flea medication on Peaches to prevent infestation. He told me to use advantage. I was wondering if any of you use medication for fleas, and if so what? there are so many brand like frontline , advantage, advantix...which is best?
</span>
See less See more
1 - 1 of 18 Posts
Originally posted by Pico's Parent@Aug 22 2005, 11:35 AM
I've used Advantage on Pico since I got him at 6 months.  I bathe him about twice a month and have had no problems.  Since I started using Beneficial Nematodes on my lawn twice a year I will sometimes skip a few months of using the Advantage with no fleas showing up.

Since stray animals can drop adult fleas as they pass through my yard, he will still get a flea from time to time but the nematodes destroy the larvae so we don't get an infestation.

But I think I'm going to switch to the Frontline spray when the Advantage is gone because we just don't have much of a problem and the Frontline spray would be much cheaper to use.  I know the woman who owns his mom and siblings has used the Frontline spray since they were pups and has good results with it, too.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=93031
[/QUOTE]
Where do you buy Beneficial Nematodes?
See less See more
1 - 1 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.