Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gave Vanilla on Sunday night Sentinel for flea prevention. Last year she was on the 2-10 pound dose cause she was 8 pounds. Now she's on the 11-20 pound dose cause she is 11-12 pounds. I noticed she has a few loose stools there has been no food change. She even pooped in her bed during the night. Could it be the higher dose of Sentinel?

·
Registered
9,288 Posts
Unusual, but technically could happen. The doses are quite tiny...she could eat the whole box with no toxic effects. I'd just be sure to give with food next month and see what happens.
Do you understand that sentinel only prevents fleas from reproducing? It does not kill fleas.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unusual, but technically could happen. The doses are quite tiny...she could eat the whole box with no toxic effects. I'd just be sure to give with food next month and see what happens.
Do you understand that sentinel only prevents fleas from reproducing? It does not kill fleas.
I'm aware it does not kill fleas. I also use it as a heartworm prevention. I was really worried about giving her the 11-20 pound dose cause it's double the amount of medication but vet said she's in that range.

·
Registered
17,659 Posts
I'm aware it does not kill fleas. I also use it as a heartworm prevention. I was really worried about giving her the 11-20 pound dose cause it's double the amount of medication but vet said she's in that range.

Vanilla is just 11 pounds, right? I'd err on the side of the lower dose myself. No way would I want to double the dose she was getting already.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts