Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Spray your yard and garden with Beneficial Nematodes to kill the larva and stop the flea production cycle. You can get them at garden stores. They are refrigerated and are released into water to make a solution to spray into your soil. They burrow into and eat any larva in your soil, including grubs and fleas.

Plus they are all natural, organic and cannot harm your pets or other insects which may be beneficial to your environment.

· Registered
1,650 Posts
Originally posted by MalteseJane@Jul 12 2005, 11:48 AM
I don't like putting pesticides on Alex. So if there are only one or two fleas I just kill them. And spray the yard. But since we don't go on walks and outside the yard I don't put him on the ground, his exposure to catch a flea is limited.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80653
[/QUOTE]

If you don't like putting pesticides on Alex, let me suggest you spray your yard with Beneficial Nematodes. These are microscopic worms that burrow into larvae in the soil and kill the larva of grubworms, ants and fleas! Totally harmless to Alex, especially when you consider how close to the ground he is and how he sniffs the areas where you have sprayed.

You can get them at garden shops for about $10 for a 1000 square foot yard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.