Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Premium Member
8,507 Posts
If you don't treat your yard she will get fleas all over again. Sentinel is strong enough. When the flea bites your dog Sentinel will kill it. When there are lots of fleas you can combine with Advantage who is topical. But if you don't treat the environment you are never going to get rid of the fleas. If I see ONE flea on Alex, the yard is treated. I almost never have to put something on Alex. That one flea I kill with my nails.

· Premium Member
8,507 Posts
Sentinel is a heartworm and flea preventative. You get it from your vet. To spray your yard you have to go to Home Depot or Lowe's and get a spray specifically geared to killing fleas. I don't know the product Pico's parent is talking about but if she used it and it works it's worth a try.

· Premium Member
8,507 Posts
I don't like putting pesticides on Alex. So if there are only one or two fleas I just kill them. And spray the yard. But since we don't go on walks and outside the yard I don't put him on the ground, his exposure to catch a flea is limited.

· Premium Member
8,507 Posts
If you don't like putting pesticides on Alex, let me suggest you spray your yard with Beneficial Nematodes. These are microscopic worms that burrow into larvae in the soil and kill the larva of grubworms, ants and fleas! Totally harmless to Alex, especially when you consider how close to the ground he is and how he sniffs the areas where you have sprayed.

You can get them at garden shops for about $10 for a 1000 square foot yard.
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=80709
[/QUOTE]

Do you find that at Home Depot or Lowe's ? I can check also Cornelius.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.