Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All took maxi to get a urine test and they said everything was fine but im still concerned about his licking his paws non stop and licking the air in anyevent my friend who has the toy poodle and i took them for baths on saturday to the vet where the groomer is and he said this is big flea season so i said please look to see if this is why maxi is itching and licking so p.s. he said maxi was fine no fleas but on the other hand my friends toy poodle had them she has a cat also which is probably where it came from in any event just letting you all know that this is big time flea season and he siad he doesnt reccomend frontline especially if you bath your babies every week or every other week it washes off and its useless
i have been using frontline since maxi was a baby
i still had him give maxi a medicated bath to help this itching they also said his skin isnt dry and they see no redness so does anyone know why he would be licking my vet said he may do this out of bordem but i cant possible do anymore for maxi than i do now so any suggestions?

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
no its this thing he does during the night and when i am gone
my vet said maybe we should put him on prozac i think he was kidding
hopefully but its bothering me that he is licking his front paws until they are soaked
as a matter of fact i think back now when i would come home ( when i worked in nyc)and his paws would be soaked and i thought he was playing with the water dish now i know he was licking himself to high heaven
so if anyone has any solutions or advice i would appreciate it
if he is bored i dont know what else to do i have dedicated my life to maxi there isnt much more i can do for him he has every bone every toy a dog walked
love from everyone HELP

1 - 2 of 2 Posts