Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have a Flip camera and, if so, do you like it? All I have right now is a small Canon PowerShot. For the amount of picture taking that I do (I hate taking pictures) it works fine ... except when trying to take puppy pics. By the time the camera actually snaps, the puppies have run off to another planet. :w00t: And I really don't want to buy myself a mega $$ camera just to take puppy pics every couple of years. Someone told me that with the Flip camera I can take videos and then turn a frame from the video into a picture. I don't know if I'm even describing accurately what my understanding is. So can I get pictures of little white tornadoes from a Flip camera? Bestbuy has the Flip camera on sale this weekend for $99. What a nice gift I get to buy myself ... something I definitely need but don't really want!!:angry:

·
Premium Member
17,343 Posts
Mary -- we have 2 at the office that we use all the time, and I also bought one for Jerry's grandson last year for Christmas. I love them. Very easy to use. I've put a lot of DVDs together from them for office use (presentations and such), and I'm not all that techie, so you have to know that they're easy.

Our PR Dept has one for there use and I have "control" of the other one -- meaning that I can use it or it can be checked for use from me. :)

If I was still breeding, I would certainly have one as they're soooooooooooooooooo easy and you can evaluate the movement or send to other breeder friends, etc.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, guys. Now my question is can you stop the video, have a cute face staring at you, and turn that frame into a picture to email off to someone?

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Mary,

I've had a flip camera for years and I agree that it's very easy to use. You can definitely create still pictures from the video you shoot and the software is, imo, very easy to use. Not the best quality video, but definitely okay for the price.

If this purchase means that we would see more pictures of your beautiful babies and maybe your little girls :wub:, too... then I say go for it!

Hugs,
Debbie

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mary,

I've had a flip camera for years and I agree that it's very easy to use. You can definitely create still pictures from the video you shoot and the software is, imo, very easy to use. Not the best quality video, but definitely okay for the price.

If this purchase means that we would see more pictures of your beautiful babies and maybe your little girls :wub:, too... then I say go for it!

Hugs,
Debbie
Thanks! I'll be buying it this weekend Debbie!! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,404 Posts
I have the first version of the Flip, Mary. It's a fun camcorder and yes, you can freeze frame with their software, but of course, the quality isn't the same as a still camera shot. Perhaps the newest version is better. I love mine for what it is. FUN!

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
I love my flip cam!

Its the only camera I brought to shows - and I often posted stills from vids here!
My avatar is actually a still from a vid from my flip cam.

Its very easy to get a still - its there on the editing programme that it comes with.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Glad you asked about this Mary. I've been wanting one for some time and keep looking at them in the stores. the only thing I heard someone say once was that it didn't zoom. I wish they did. I did see one a few days ago that had a 2x zoom, not very much but ok for now I guess.

I'm gonna ask for one for Christmas. I've gotta go back and see that one Kat is talking about! OH! Wish I had it for my trip tomorrow!!!!!:smilie_tischkante:

·
Premium Member
5,487 Posts
Glad you asked about this Mary. I've been wanting one for some time and keep looking at them in the stores. the only thing I heard someone say once was that it didn't zoom. I wish they did. I did see one a few days ago that had a 2x zoom, not very much but ok for now I guess.

I'm gonna ask for one for Christmas. I've gotta go back and see that one Kat is talking about! OH! Wish I had it for my trip tomorrow!!!!!:smilie_tischkante:
they do :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
the flip ultraHD also has 2X digital zoom, Pat. I don't know if you remember the video that I shared when I went flying, but I was carrying that camcorder in my flying suite pocket and shot the videos with that. When I tried to capture the very small plane from afar in the video, I wished that it had more that 2X zoom. BUT, keeping everything else in mind (price included), I LOVE it :D I know that the bigger HD camcorders cost tones more AND not as user-freindly, quick or easy as this one + requires much bigger space in your computer.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
the flip ultraHD also has 2X digital zoom, Pat. I don't know if you remember the video that I shared when I went flying, but I was carrying that camcorder in my flying suite pocket and shot the videos with that. When I tried to capture the very small plane from afar in the video, I wished that it had more that 2X zoom. BUT, keeping everything else in mind (price included), I LOVE it :D I know that the bigger HD camcorders cost tones more AND not as user-freindly as this one.

You're right, the price is right and I need EASY! :blink: Maybe I'll find time to go shopping today....:whistle:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh oh ... Pat, find a Bestbuy near you, they are on sale for $99. It took me all of 15 minutes to complete this little mission. :aktion033: Now, maybe, I can post some puppy pics. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
I ran up to Cosco and got mine....now I have to figure out how to get into that packaging!!! :w00t: ........:chili:

Oh oh ... Pat, find a Bestbuy near you, they are on sale for $99. It took me all of 15 minutes to complete this little mission. :aktion033: Now, maybe, I can post some puppy pics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I ran up to Cosco and got mine....now I have to figure out how to get into that packaging!!! :w00t: ........:chili:
LMAO!! I had to use a knife. And now I might make another trip out to buy the rechargeable battery pack. Did you buy the rechargeable battery pack? I think I should have because I have a feeling that this camera will eat up regular batteries in no time.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
LMAO!! I had to use a knife. And now I might make another trip out to buy the rechargeable battery pack. Did you buy the rechargeable battery pack? I think I should have because I have a feeling that this camera will eat up regular batteries in no time.

I opted for the 8 gb flip instead of the 4 gb - so it came with a rechargeable battery :chili: I didn't realize it at the time...so I also bought a bunch of double A batteries :huh: oh well, they never go to waste.

·
Premium Member
8,521 Posts
I've always wanted a Flip and i'm going to tell Santa that's what i would like for Christmas and hopefully he'll get me one. :)

I found this one on amazon that you can design your own it also features IS (image stabalization) and also has a 2 hour recording time. There are many designs to choose from, but i just love Hello Kitty. http://store.theflip.com/en-us/desi...signs&subcat=latest_designs&cid=u32120&source=

1 - 18 of 18 Posts