Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever used a flowbee before? I have a friend that uses it on himself and his hair always look professionally done. But what about a maltese? I cut Noriko's hair last night (suppose to only cut 1 inch but took 2 inches off
) Anyway, my bf didn't say I did a bad job...BUT, he said he wanted to get a flowbee really badly <_< . BLAH to him, I'm trying to save us 80 dollars a trip to get both my babies groomed every month and that's the thanks I get.

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Never tried a flowbee or known anyone that has...
What does it do exactly? How is it different from regular clippers and guards..?

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DANG TLUNN, YOU'RE QUICK. This post hasn't even been posted for even 5 mins! lol. Anyway, it vacuums your hair up and then cuts the hair perfectly even to your desired length. I'm not sure I'm doing a good job explaining it.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
i would think that your babies would be scared of a vacuum sucking up their hair. have you tried a regular shaver? and anyway--i'm sure they arent that bad. i think your boyfriends just trying to give you a hard time.
i know that i always ignore my boyfriend. :D :lol:

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
I too would be scared of the vacuum part...but maybe after they got used to it.
I would just keep practicing...you will get better...and he probably is giving you a hard time...Hubby tried that with me at first, and I said...OK..I will pay the 35.00 to have someone else do it, and they will cut his face hair all off again!!! This is FREE! Well, he shut up after that, and now says I do a fine job! Ha ha.
I would say that saving 80.00 is a huge deal...and you would have to do a TERRIBLE job to make it worth spending that for 2 of them...ha ha.

Read what happened to Maggie's mom in the bad grooming post...she just lost out on that money...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
I can't see the vacuum being any different than a hair dryer. The hose end is where the flow-bee (I didn't know it was called that) is attached, isn't it? So the motor is several feet away.

My husband wanted one of those things, too. For HIS hair! I scotched that idea but I am beginning to wonder about using it for Pico.......nah. I would be too nervous shaving across his muzzle, between his eyes and clipping his nails. My eyesight is simply not sharp enough anymore.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm actually not sure how loud it is, but I'd figure no louder than a blow dryer. I think when I describe it as a vaccuum, you guys just think it's as loud as one. I told you I didn't explain it too well! lol But, I wouldnt use the flowbee around their face or paws. I'll stick to scissors in that case.

There's also this thing called a robocut. It looks like a blowdryer.

I don't think my babies would sit while I flow bee them. That's why I would put them on top of an ironing board. It's slender and it wobbles a little bit so they end up sitting. Can't run from me!

I'm sure if I practiced, I'll get better, but I'm thinking the flowbee would take me no time at all to cut their hair. Gotta consider the convenience factor too.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
I've never tried it but it sounds like a great idea to me.. I don't think Tuffy would mind too much, he doesn't seem to mind the noise from the vaccuum, so it might be worth a try! If you do get it, let us know how it works!

·
Registered
844 Posts
This is a really old post I can across. They have a pet flowbee I was thinking of getting anyone tried this before? I want to do J.J.'s hair but I want his hair longer than clippers will allow and am scared of getting out the scissors.

Amber

·
Registered
451 Posts
I bought a pet flowbee...it does not work on Kissi's hair. It makes a lot of noise which scares her to death and on top of that her hair is too fine...all it did was sort of knocked her hair around and cut knotches in it..and it got the oil on her hair from the stupid flowbee and it was hard to get out!! I don't recommend it.
Kissi's Mom

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I have not heard of a Flow Bee in years. MY aunt got one for her hair and her kids. I always was scared she would try to cut my hair with that thing lol

wow it really brings back (scary) memories LOL

·
Registered
656 Posts
Sorry to dig up this old post but now that Robocut has an automatic and supposedly rather quiet model that plugs into the wall and not the vacuum I am considering this for my dog and my husband....lol Both Flowbee and Robocut now have automatic models but Robocut is supposed to be rated better. Has anyone used either of these products in the automatic form- no vacuum involved? Thanks for any input.

I bought a pet flowbee...it does not work on Kissi's hair. It makes a lot of noise which scares her to death and on top of that her hair is too fine...all it did was sort of knocked her hair around and cut knotches in it..and it got the oil on her hair from the stupid flowbee and it was hard to get out!! I don't recommend it.
Kissi's Mom[/B]
Ok I did not see this when I posted. I heard some negative things about the Flowbee elsewhere too but high praises for Robocut and its ability to cut all textures of hair and pet hair. If anyone else has tried this product please let me know the results.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts