Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
look like their owners.

Recently, I have noticed that fluffs look like their owners.

Take a look at stunning Ava, she looks like Pat -

Beautiful Lacey looks like her mom

Mia, oh beautiful Mia and handsome Little Leo - look like Christine

Suzi's fluffs are also stunning, just like their mommy -

Tyler is full of life, always smiling and adorable - and looks like his mother

Lady looks like Marj

Really, fluffs look like their owners, at least to me they do.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
My friends told me many times that Snowy looks like our professor :p the way Snowy's white silky hair falls on his head (a little different than Crystal) and his beard are alike, is what they say.

There was a contest: fluffs look like owners. I wasn't qualified for it, but I am thinking of Sending Snowy with Prof. Doug :D

·
Registered
31 Posts
I knew when I first breed-hunted the different types of dogs... I was especially looking for one that fitted my personality and lifestyle. I guess it's not a big surprise that our fluffs resemble us in some ways.

·
Premium Member
15,201 Posts
I knew when I first breed-hunted the different types of dogs... I was especially looking for one that fitted my personality and lifestyle. I guess it's not a big surprise that our fluffs resemble us in some ways.
yup! you are right. I am happy that you did your research on what will fit you best ;)

I think that even within the breed, they differ in personality. I know this as a fact when I look at my two maltese. Snowy and Crystal aren't a like in personality. They are the opposite actually.

·
Premium Member
20,073 Posts
Wow, Allie! I am so glad you thought I resembled Ava....LOL....she's gorgeous!!! Just sitting here glad you didn't think I looked like Tinker :HistericalSmiley:

I don't look like Ava, but it was fun to see you say it!!!

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wow, Allie! I am so glad you thought I resembled Ava....LOL....she's gorgeous!!! Just sitting here glad you didn't think I looked like Tinker :HistericalSmiley:

what I meant is fluffs start to look like they belong to their owner - I couldn't see little Ava with another mother - she looks like she should be with you -

·
Registered
31 Posts
yup! you are right. I am happy that you did your research on what will fit you best ;)

I think that even within the breed, they differ in personality. I know this as a fact when I look at my two maltese. Snowy and Crystal aren't a like in personality. They are the opposite actually.
Yeah, I believe that although generally, maltese take on some similar characteristic traits (like the love for following their owners around), they all differ in many ways. I remember when I saw Momo at his breeder's, he was such a quiet dog... but when I took him home, he was so curious and lively. It's adorable.

Speaking of liveliness though... I live in a small apartment, and a lot of my furniture have mirrors (apparently, mirrors make an otherwise small apartment look somewhat more spacious). But when I hold Momo while I'm watching TV, or when he sleeps on the couch, sometimes I forget about the mirrors. When he sees his own reflection, he goes wild (growls, barks, etc). When he's on the floor, I've already blocked off some mirror that's his eye level, but it's a little more difficult to do at the couch level. Should I just leave this behavior, as I know he's just being cautious, or is there something I should do?

·
Premium Member
24,028 Posts
I agree Allie. :thumbsup: I think that there's a certain match of energy, size, look. I don't even know if we see it in our own dogs as much as we see it in others with theirs. When I went to look at Tyler there was another pup who had what I was looking for at my breeder. I played with both dogs but then he said, "No, Tyler (Elvis) is the right Maltese for you. You're very small, he fits you perfectly. You're a perfect match." The other dog was adorable but bigger and just not my personality from what I could tell playing with him, so I think that's what you mean. And if it's not :brownbag::HistericalSmiley:

·
Banned
1,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
That's exactly what I meant - thank you Susan - you must be the BEST producer to work for - your funny and understanding - what a nice combination.

·
Premium Member
24,178 Posts
you know Allie, I was really looking at little Barron's face, he really is so kissable,:wub: something about him just reminds me of my Muffy, cherish every moment with that littleman, I wish I could just have one more day with my Muffy now
:back2topic:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts