Maltese Dogs Forum : Spoiled Maltese Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my poop eating thread turned into a food topic (which I didnt expect) I wanted to move this over and share some yummies I found last night in case anyone is having a hard time like I was. Phoebe did not like treats! I tried everything and the only one she would take was pupperoni or something like that and I had to cut it up in tiny pieces and she only accepted them half the time anyway, and then I read the ingredients. I figured it was time to figure out Plan B as far as training went.

Well in my search for food, with everyone's help, I decided to look for that Artemis locally, and happened to find a health food pet store just a little out of my way from work but not far. I stopped last night and I am so happy happy! They have alot of good stuff, all the foods that were recommended here, PLUS. He gave me tons of samples of treats and they were ALL a big hit with the little lady. They have a web site http://www.simonandhuey.com/ if anyone is interested. I got the soft treats in 4 flavors and she loves them all. They seem to be all natural but if any of the food pros want to take a look and comment that would be awesome. She just really loves them.

She also gobbled up, and I mean gobbled, the Artemis food with which I mixed in a little Merrick canned (neat stuff) for dinner and she absolutely ate better than ever, without me sitting in the room with her.

Tonight is our first training class so I am thrilled I have something she will like. I hope it gets the stamp of approval here :D

·
Premium Member
21,482 Posts
Originally posted by Holliberry@Feb 24 2005, 10:51 AM
Since my poop eating thread turned into a food topic (which I didnt expect) I wanted to move this over and share some yummies I found last night in case anyone is having a hard time like I was.  Phoebe did not like treats!  I tried everything and the only one she would take was pupperoni or something like that and I had to cut it up in tiny pieces and she only accepted them half the time anyway, and then I read the ingredients.  I figured it was time to figure out Plan B as far as training went.

Well in my search for food, with everyone's help, I decided to look for that Artemis locally, and happened to find a health food pet store just a little out of my way from work but not far.  I stopped last night and I am so happy happy!  They have alot of good stuff, all the foods that were recommended here, PLUS.  He gave me tons of samples of treats and they were ALL a big hit with the little lady.  They have a web site  http://www.simonandhuey.com/ if anyone is interested.  I got the soft treats in 4 flavors and she loves them all.  They seem to be all natural but if any of the food pros want to take a look and comment that would be awesome.  She just really loves them.

She also gobbled up, and I mean gobbled, the Artemis food with which I mixed in a little Merrick canned (neat stuff) for dinner and she absolutely ate better than ever, without me sitting in the room with her.  

Tonight is our first training class so I am thrilled I have something she will like.   I hope it gets the stamp of approval here  :D
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37406
[/QUOTE]

That is so exciting that you found that wonderful store for your food. I'll try to look at their site. Well you can't go wrong with the Artemis food... I would imagine that the treats you got are wholesome, also. Usually places like that only sell the "good stuff". Do let us know if going to a premium food helps with the poop eating...

EDIT: I went to their web site... gosh you are so lucky to have this place near you. It seems like they are diligent in providing only healthy choices....

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Kallie/Catcher's Mom@Feb 24 2005, 10:57 AM
That is so exciting that you found that wonderful store for your food. I'll try to look at their site. Well you can't go wrong with the Artemis food... I would imagine that the treats you got are wholesome, also. Usually places like that only sell the "good stuff".  Do let us know if going to a premium food helps with the poop eating...

EDIT: I went to their web site... gosh you are so lucky to have this place near you. It seems like they are diligent in providing only healthy choices....
<div align="right">index.php?act=findpost&pid=37408
[/QUOTE]

I really am happy with this place. The owner is awesome too. They have been there for a year and a half. I asked because I worry that sometimes small companies like that dont make it. I hope he is around a long time.

I will definately keep you up to date on the poop eating. Keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Rudy hates most all treats.He only eats the soft type and even at that he's not over excited about them.Thanks for sharing the site!! I changed Rudy over to Chicken Soup.I had really wanted to try Artemis but I was unable to find it in my area.He really likes the Chicken Soup so I'll see how he does on it.

·
Registered
522 Posts
IzzyBella eats the Chicken Soup dry kibble for Puppies also. I don't give her canned food but three times a day I will wet a dozen or so pieces of her kibble and she thinks it's a special meal time.

Izzy's favorite treat is peanut butter which is reserved for peeing on the pee pad treat. When I'm clicker training her, I usually feed her moistened kibble, sometimes she will eat her entire "meal" during training time.

I'm glad to hear that Rudy likes his Chicken Soup and glad to hear that Phoebe has found something that gets her attention.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts